Praise the Omnissiah! The ancient God-Engines of the Collegia Titanicus stride forth upon the battlefields of the Idris system, supporting the Black Templars and Order of The Iron Veil battling the daemons of Khorne manifesting there.

In the latter stages of the campaign, reinforcements arrived from Satyraes XII in the form of eight engines of Legio Defensor "The Nova Guard". Legio Defensor's engines march to war bearing names in High Gothic denoting their devotion to the Imperial Creed. Their Low Gothic translations are as follows: Gloriosum est pro Imperator Mori, it is glorious to die for the Emperor; Defensor Fidei, defender of the faith; Martyris Gloriae, martyr's honour; Satyraes Resplendens, Satyraes resplendent; Pietate Insigni, remarkable devotion; Maleficarum Malleo, hammer of witches; Opsequium, compliance; and Invictus, undefeated.

---

Lured in by the Precept Maniple boxset, I've started a small force of Titans. I like to imagine my collection as a single coherent crusade force set at a single point in the 40k timeline, including Adeptus Astartes, Adepta Sororitas, Astra Militarum and Ordo Hereticus, so adding in some engines of the Collegia Titanicus seemed like the next logical step.

I've got a few Black Templars to finish off, and my little Ordo Hereticus warband to paint too before I start painting Titans, but now I've got the majority of them assembled (yet to buy the Warmaster and second Warlord - they're probably 2022 projects) and most of my additional parts have arrived from Forge World and Battle Bling, I thought it was time to start a thread for the project.

---

Warmaster Titan

Gloriosum est pro Imperator Mori - Princeps Senoris Wolfgang Thule

Suzerian-class plasma destructor x2

Revelator missile launcher

Turbo laser destructor x2/plasma blast gun x2/vulcan mega bolter x2/melta cannon x2

Ardex defence cannons

Infusive supercoolants

Warlord Titan 1

Defensor Fidei - Princeps Dorothea Hass

Apocalypse missile launcher x2/landing pad and command tower

Mori quake cannon/Bellicosa volcano cannon

Bellicosa volcano cannon/volkite destructor

Ardex defence cannons

Devotional war sirens

Tracking gyroscopes

Warlord Titan 2

Martyris Gloriae - Princeps Hector Samstag

Gatling blaster x2/laser blaster x2/apocalypse missile launcher x2

Sunfury plasma annihilator

Titanic power claw/Sunfury plasma annihilator

Ardex defence cannons

Devotional war sirens

Tracking gyroscopes

Nemesis Warbringer Titan

Satyraes Resplendens - Princeps Edwin Lowe

Mori quake cannon

Volcano cannon x2

Ardex defence cannons

Reaver Titan 1

Pietate Insigni - Princeps Cassandra Varley

Apocalypse missile launcher/turbo laser destructor

Laser blaster/melta cannon

Volcano cannon/auto blaster

Reaver Titan 2

Maleficarum Malleo - Princeps Hugh Orfuls

Apocalypse missile launcher/turbo laser destructor

Plasma annihilator/melta cannon

Titanic chain fist

Warhound Scout Titan Squadron

Opsequium - Princeps Elizabeth Tarses

Plasma blast gun

Vulcan mega bolter

Invictus - Princeps Stefan Kercher

Vulcan mega bolter

Plasma blast gun

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Welcome, Princeps!

That's an impressive array of Titans preparing to walk. You might want to consider a couple more Warhounds to round out your collection. They're very useful in that they are comparatively few points, and give you extra activations to play with.

What sorts of Maniples are you considering for your force?

Welcome, Princeps!

That's an impressive array of Titans preparing to walk. You might want to consider a couple more Warhounds to round out your collection. They're very useful in that they are comparatively few points, and give you extra activations to play with.

What sorts of Maniples are you considering for your force?

To take advantage of Righteous Fury better I'm leaning towards bigger Titans so I've got the reactor track space to really maximise their alpha-strike potential without just melting down myself (hence the few Warhounds). Therefore thinking of running things like Fortis, Regia, Myrmidon or Axiom - maybe an Arcus if I want to play around with the Warbringer.

That's a nice collection. You're probably right about not running too many warhounds as Defensor, as they're unlikely to benefit much from your trait. Reavers and above will benefit most. Warbringers might do best of all, as they get to fire their biggest weapon twice. Warhounds are still useful, but it's probably not an ideal engine to focus on.

Are you magnetising your weapons? If doing a FW order I'd generally recommend picking up a macro gatling and some paired gatlings for the roof, as these give you some nice options. I never recommend running a double-bellicosa Warlord, especially if you're doing other stuff that will increase its heat - as the Defensor ability does. Bellicosa and Quake is better all round really.

That's a nice collection. You're probably right about not running too many warhounds as Defensor, as they're unlikely to benefit much from your trait. Reavers and above will benefit most. Warbringers might do best of all, as they get to fire their biggest weapon twice. Warhounds are still useful, but it's probably not an ideal engine to focus on.

Are you magnetising your weapons? If doing a FW order I'd generally recommend picking up a macro gatling and some paired gatlings for the roof, as these give you some nice options. I never recommend running a double-bellicosa Warlord, especially if you're doing other stuff that will increase its heat - as the Defensor ability does. Bellicosa and Quake is better all round really.

Everything bigger than a Warhound is magnetised, don't worry. I rarely expect to be running dual BVC, but I've got the parts so it's listed.

• 1 month later...
A couple of updates - firstly, I've been making great progress painting. Both Warhounds are complete, and my Warbringer is well underway. Secondly, I've splurged a bit on upgrades, and bought A LOT of bits and bobs from BattleBling - I'll do an update of the plan in the first post once they all arrive, as my weapon choice had got a whole lot more diverse.

• 3 weeks later...

gZnDYJ9.jpg

My first Titans are complete. I was originally planning on just doing the Arcus Maniple before I moved house, but I made good time and managed to get the Reaver "Maleficarum Malleo" and some of its alternative weapon options done as well.

kvakiW7.jpg

7RmS35M.jpg

ZrgWssj.jpg

NKmn678.jpg

uzWpvoq.jpg

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :)

In the pictures it looks like you’ve got two slightly different colours of green. Is that right?

Any teal on the armour is Sybarite Green, and the green on banners/tiny shields at the centre of the Reaver and one of the Warhound's carapace is Moot Green. Any other differences will be from how the shots were lit, or from how I shaded the areas.

• 1 month later...

Yeah... That happens quite easily I find.

It's far too easy to do, especially when they're going cheap in your local group.

Next time do a double post. Then I can give a like for the painted titans and a like for the news of a new purchase

Well, here's a reply you can like - consider this for the purchase :teehee:

Really nice minis brother.

Love the freehand squiggles, they can be tricky to get right, you've nailed it.

Thank you - I find thinking of them more as lines of dots than actual squiggles can be helpful.