Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dr. Ruminahui's mostly Emperor's Children stuff

chaos daemon engine emperors children flyer hell drake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,767 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Would have posted this in a "Post your" or "Showcase" thread, but there isn't one for fliers.

Anyway, I'm really happy with my emperor's children helldrake, so while I don't normally post things here (so intimidating) I thought I would in this case.

Still have to do the base, but that can wait until I decide on how to spruce it up a bit.

ZfREvg3.jpg

Here's some pics of the two weapon options:

kjUkQOK.jpg

in1Ry1g.jpg

A3GbnRb.jpg

The picture above shows some of the things I'm not so sold on about the model - namely its stubby tail and its funny little rear legs.  Still, it gives a good view on the wings - if I do another, I think I will give it wider stripes and carry them back onto the rear wings as well.

LAxSmNL.jpg

Finally, a "danger view" photo.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 30 August 2021 - 05:07 PM.

• space wolf, Marshal Loss, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,745 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Perfect. The Phoenician would be proud

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive work.
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,767 posts

Thanks both of you!

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,494 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Great work!

I always felt this model was an homage to Ghidora from Godzilla. The big wings, stubby legs and serpentine neck. A little resculpting and it could have 3 heads...
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,521 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines/Spacewolves
Beautiful!!!
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

My Ultramarines Roman Style

Instagram: @codex_conversions

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,767 posts

Thought I would make this thread into a general "stuff completed" thread.

You ever buy a model because it will let you use some bits left over from a different model?  It happens more often than one might think for me.

Anyway, I had an imperial knight that I hadn't used the mechanicus symbols on, and when shopping at the local hobby store, saw a WWII Russian fuel tank that would allow me to use them.  So I picked it up and painted it to go along with the little tractors from the munitorium terrain set.

Hg3yXTZ.jpg

disLBN9.jpg

I'm out of practice building historical models... it was very fiddly and (I suspect) quite fragile.  Also used a transfer for the first time in more than 20 years, and while it was less of an ordeal than a remembered (part of the reason for not using them in so long), I'm pretty happy with it, even if the decals aren't completely straight.  The model doesn't really have much obvious detail, so I think the giant white numbers really bring the model together.

• Bjorn Firewalker and Tallarn Commander like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos, daemon engine, emperors children, flyer, hell drake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users