Strange Hosts, Dark Deeds: The Haunted Legions of Sarkon

Lord_Ikka

Thank you both. As far as my next projects, for modeling I just got Kurdoss Valentian, so my Void Dragon conversion is a go, painting I'm working on another set of 10 Warriors, 5 Deathmarks, 3 more Skorpekh (with a plasmacyte), and 11 scarab bases. So, busy month ahead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll post up some of my finished work next week, but right now my army is in a pretty good place- almost everything painted (need to finish painting the Monolith) and playing pretty well. Currently it's 5-1 against several variations of BA Primaris, a Salamanders list, and a Custodes list, only losing my last game to a BA assault Intercessor army (bad positioning by me being the main issue). Skorpekh Destroyers and C'Tan have turned out to be killers, the two warrior squads and their buffers provide great distraction, and the scarabs/spyders are good objective holders.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Necrons) [12CP, 1,210pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Dynasty Choice: Circumstance of Awakening: Relentlessly Expansionist, Dynastic Tradition: Eternal Conquerors, Dynasty: <Custom>

+ No Force Org Slot +

Bound Creation [40pts]

. Cryptothralls

. . 2x Cryptothrall: 2x Scouring Eye, 2x Scythed Limbs

+ HQ +

Chronomancer [90pts]: Entropic Lance

Royal Warden [75pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait (Codex 4): Thrall of the Silent King

Technomancer [80pts]: Canoptek Cloak

+ Troops +

Immortals [85pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

Necron Warriors [130pts]

. 10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 10x Gauss Reaper

Necron Warriors [130pts]

. 10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 10x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

Canoptek Spyders [75pts]

. Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism, Two Particle Beamers

Canoptek Spyders [70pts]

. Canoptek Spyder: Two Particle Beamers

Transcendent C'tan [270pts]: Fractured Personality: Cosmic Tyrant, Power of the C'tan: Cosmic Fire, Power of the C'tan: Transdimensional Thunderbolt

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [90pts]

. 6x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 6x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [75pts]

. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 5x Feeder Mandibles

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [ -4CP, 785pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Dynasty Choice: Circumstance of Awakening: Relentlessly Expansionist, Dynastic Tradition: Eternal Conquerors, Dynasty: <Custom>

+ No Force Org Slot +

Viral Construct [1 PL, 15pts]: Canoptek Plasmacyte

+ HQ +

Lokhust Lord [-1CP, 105pts]: Rarefied Nobility, Relic: Voltaic Staff, Staff of Light, Warlord Trait (Codex 1): Enduring Will

+ Elites +

C'tan Shard of the Void Dragon [ 350pts]: Power of the C'tan: Antimatter Meteor

Skorpekh Destroyers [210pts]

. 2x Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade): 2x Hyperphase Reap-Blade

. 4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher): 4x Hyperphase Threshers

Skorpekh Destroyers [105pts]: Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)

. 2x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher): 2x Hyperphase Threshers

++ Total: [100 PL, 8CP, 1,995pts] ++

General deployment is scarabs/spyders on either flank, with the Warriors/Royal Warden/Technomancer in the middle. Since I usually have more deployments than my opponent, I can set up the Skorpekh/Lokhust Lord/Chronomancer and/or the C'Tan to counter the enemy's tough units and get off a turn 1 or 2 charge. Eternal Expansionists has been very useful, as aside from the last game I've used the pre-game move to set up my army to swarm forward and take midfield objectives quickly, making it a game where my opponent has to come to me and deal with me on my terms.

"The Pain Eternal, twister of chemological bonds that was Zuz'shashon. Untold horrors did it inflict on the galaxy during the War, striving to undo the gifts of the Old Ones. The risen slaves grew in abhorrence  of the Solemn Scream, for they rent it asunder and bound it to the thrones of servitude.

So fell Zuz'shashon, the Solemn Scream."

The Book of Mournful Night

EvvHYbd.jpeg

iZr2wud.jpeg

9uwRGsK.jpeg

1IKqO3Q.jpeg

lswjesJ.jpeg

That is brilliant!

Thanks! I've got the Deceiver count-as conversion coming up using the Malevolent Maelstrom model from AoS to represent the only canon C'Tan I'll have, Iash'Uddra the Endless Swarm. Then, hopefully I can find it, a Bone-Tithe Shrieker model for my Nightbringer count-as. 

• 2 months later...

Hello again. Haven't posted in a while, but the Haunted Legions are still around and kicking! This past Sunday the Empire of Sarkon took on the Death Guard in a 2k match. Pretty enjoyable, but also frustrating (that -1 Damage trait really sucks when applied army-wide...). Skorpekh Destroyers were again my MVPs this game, as they tend to be, tying up multiple units and really creating a mess of the middle of the table that allowed my rearline units and scarabs to just sit on objectives and rack up Victory Points. Sadly Zuz'shashon (Void Dragon) took a lot of firepower but was unable to reach the enemy's Plagueburst Crawler or Leviathan Dread, though he did send Typhus to the arms of Grandfather Nurgle via a massive slapping.

Glad to say that the Haunted Legions came out on top, but it was a close match, with the end result only being a 10 point difference. Anyway, I've got a quick, and poor, pic of the start of Turn 1 (Necrons went first) and then just a mention that I'll have a unit of Canoptek Wraiths, more Warriors, more Skorpehk w/plasmacyte, and my Deceiver conversion on the table for painting hopefully next month. After that, it will depend on what Hachette sends me each month...

ML60HTj.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Do you plan to do a Skorphek lord to follow around the destroyers or is that what the Lokhust lord is for?

Currently that's what the Lokhust Lord is doing, but eventually big Skorpie will make an appearance. Originally this project was just going to be a supplement for the uppcoming US release of Imperium, but it got kinda out of hand (3k points worth already), but I did decide not to buy any character that I would get with Imperium, aside from crypteks. So the Skorpekh Lord will show up, just will be a while.

Do you plan to do a Skorphek lord to follow around the destroyers or is that what the Lokhust lord is for?

Currently that's what the Lokhust Lord is doing, but eventually big Skorpie will make an appearance. Originally this project was just going to be a supplement for the uppcoming US release of Imperium, but it got kinda out of hand (3k points worth already), but I did decide not to buy any character that I would get with Imperium, aside from crypteks. So the Skorpekh Lord will show up, just will be a while.

When is the US release? Ive been thinking about getting it

• 3 weeks later...

" Most reviled by the Unspeaking Lord was Iash'uddra- that which birthed in the minds of mortals the sickness everlasting, that which walked always three steps behind, which saw through the eyes of all, that was named as the Endless Swarm. The sorrow of the void it was that brought Iash'uddra to the mortal brink and severed its bonds beyond sight. In its breaking were the thousand tides of misery released upon the stars, yet in its casket at last it lay.
So fell Iash'Uddra, the Endless Swarm."

The Book of Mournful Night

1DQI2kG.jpeg

TfqiLUI.jpeg

Love the colors. Look really fearsome. Keep it up.

Thanks- I'll be adding in a bunch as the US Imperium subscription starts up. 

That’s a fun C’tan conversion. It’s cool to see everyone’s takes on these things. They’re an opportunity to go way out there.

Yeah, I like looking to some of the AoS stuff that most 40k players don't know about to make my C'tan. The Death faction is great for alternative Necron stuff.

They have lost their drive and their intellect, but not the skills that made them deadly foes. Fear them, for they are driven by nothing but merciless logic and ruthless efficiency now.
Ch'skk, former Technomancer of the Conclave of Stellar Thought

LCE8bqU.jpeg

Utwcoys.jpeg