Strange Hosts, Dark Deeds: The Haunted Legions of Sarkon

Lord_Ikka

They have lost their drive and their intellect, but not the skills that made them deadly foes. Fear them, for they are driven by nothing but merciless logic and ruthless efficiency now.

Ch'skk, former Technomancer of the Conclave of Stellar Thought

This is really impressive! I have to ask though, did you change the base between pictures, or am I just more tired than I thought?

They have lost their drive and their intellect, but not the skills that made them deadly foes. Fear them, for they are driven by nothing but merciless logic and ruthless efficiency now.

Ch'skk, former Technomancer of the Conclave of Stellar Thought

This is really impressive! I have to ask though, did you change the base between pictures, or am I just more tired than I thought?

Thanks! No, its the same base in both pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Silent King's armored fist held in thrall, subservient to the will of the Gestalt-Lord.

nJliqTD.jpeg

Rk30UvT.jpeg

Like their brothers, raging fury at the living bound to the throne of the Sarkoni Emperor, to destroy on silent wings.

waaZMYA.jpeg

sBnBk4s.jpeg

Spindly walkers they were, seemingly too fragile to move. Then they opened fire and ripped through our tanks like they was paper...

- Gunner Janner Yelton, 28th Burr Lancers

KezWX1M.jpeg

j5S1S4V.jpeg

"Clad in faded panoply of state, its mind now forever ruled by the Sarkoni Emperor. Lost are its will and independence, forever subservient to the will of the most dangerous of manufactured intelligences..."
Whispers in the court of the Silent King, speaking of former Overlord Lyxxor

YMgDrwC.jpeg

v3NXC9i.jpeg

CX1GBAt.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

"Marching at the front of the silent hosts, ancient weapons held ready in cold metal hands. Through their eyes observes the Gesalt-Lord and through their mouths issues forth its orders."

Minor Lords of the Haunted Legions

iOeNgig.jpeg

6IP3m7v.jpeg

9fXMcyT.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

"Eater of worlds, reaver in the void. The C'Tan known as Grohh'Yod brought naught but destruction and death, for its meat and wine was the despair of the lost. As the Yngir joined with Kaela Mensha Khaine in the fury of battle, a fissure in its defenses was shown to the Silent King. And so was the Bleak-host undone and cast under by its servants, its fury unspent.

So fell Grohh'Yod, the Bleak-host." The Book of Mournful Night

UYzVGQb.jpeg

EDdgxDJ.jpeg

5hvzzxL.jpeg

AWESOME work on the C'tan shard. Is Grohh'Yod your OC, or is he a canon C'tan?

Thank you. He's one of my originals- the only canon I chose to do was Iash'uddra the Endless Swarm. The whole concept of my C'tan are entropy, decay, and subtle destruction, so having the one C'tan that the Silent King hated, who was also responsible for mental deterioration in mortals, was too good. 

Still thinking of getting the Silent King and converting it to a node of the Master Program AI- remove the King himself and replace it with some sort of AI-datasphere or something and keep the flanking Phaerons as attendant Crypteks. Got a bunch of stuff coming from the Imperium magazine, but nothing that is truly noteworthy as far as painting/modeling goes, but I'll still post up some stuff here when I can- maybe an army shot if I can get a decent tournament list together (did pretty poorly in my last one two weeks ago, LWL but so low on match points I managed to get 18 out of 20 :D ). 

• 2 months later...

"They served their masters in the times before the Master Program awoke to its new form, they serve it now in the same way."

The Severed Lychguard

obGMZNY.jpeg

XiKw0ln.jpeg

Finished these in April, realized I hadn't written anything about them. There will be quite a few more coming up in June, for the Royal Awakening.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

• 1 month later...

"For they are as blasphemies wrought in metal and fear; the spawn of the cursed Ygnir Iash'Uddra and their own four soulless technology. In its name do they practice their baleful arts; the turning of minds and the warping of psyches. "
Aeriyele Sáire, Wraithseer of Craftworld Iyanden

POouPr8.jpeg

XwIj0qF.jpeg

dxpaVWC.jpeg

"We control the heat of the stars themselves- the raging heart of fire and wrath bound by pure will and dread science."
Plasmancers Hcy'll and Sol-Torian, formerly of the Conclave of Unbound Thought

YunuEaW.jpeg

KkP6RAH.jpeg

"His scythe bright with the blood of his foes, he is victorious.
His eyes pierce the veils of falsehood, he is just.
His ears hear the pleas of his people, he is wise.
His rule is long and vast, we are content."
Cartouche found on [REDACTED], ref. Necrontyr il-Phaeron Inemkah 

DhEVz1r.jpeg

IzZop36.jpeg

"Swiftly do they come and kill, cold metal under stolen flesh. The curse of Llandu'gor twists even those under the Gesalt-Lord."

idOxxyF.jpeg

"The will of the Silent King, now voiceless as their former master." 

McqP6kE.jpeg

Thank you both for the kind words. 

Next up is the Silent King, which was a struggle for me to decide to get because the whole idea behind the Haunted Legions is that they aren't controlled by the normal Necron command structure. However, both the model and gameplay rules for the King are great and I knew I would eventually have to get him. Father's Day happened and he was my, very nice, present. 

What I will be doing is removing the King himself from the...dais, throne, floaty thingy(?), as well as removing the trapped C'tan from the top. Given that my C'tan are breaking free and slowly interacting/merging with the Master Program, I didn't think having a humanoid, tortured C'tan worked very well. So the King will be replaced with this cool set of alien blocks I found on etsy, representing a mobile portion of the Gesalt-Emperor's conscious, while the C'tan will now be a AoS whispy thing, also from etsy, that will look like it is corrupting the model from the top down. 

Dais itself

1CSWFc8.jpeg

I'm keeping the two subordinate characters off for painting, but they will be there. I will most likely remove the Phaeron of Blades' head from its model and replace it with a Cryptek-style head, so that both flanking Necrons look like Crypteks of a sort- similar to my Void Dragon being flanked by a pair of Technomancers.

A.I. cubes

Up1jB8E.jpeg

Whisp

UqE4HU6.jpeg

The lightning tendrils will be turned downward, hopefully I'll be able to get them to intertwine with the structure of the dias itself, which is why I found an etsy printer to make it in resin rather than getting the GW plastic, as heated resin is much easier to maneuver. 

Silent King model as an Overlord (with Imperium Technomancer...)

K2gs4He.jpeg

The King model will turn into an Overlord with the Voltaic Staff relic. I don't really need another Overlord, but I figure that now I'll have one with every loadout (aside from voidblade) and the King's staff is suitably ornate and big to make a good relic weapon.

I'm hopeful that I can get the two etsy bits by the end of the month, which means I'll be able to vow this guy into the Royal Awakening, but I'm at the mercy of shipping from spain (for the whisp). We'll see...

• 1 month later...

Set into a rusted throne

Glowing crystals, sullenly sweating

Untapped power, shards of the former Gods now unleashed

Merging with the A.I., at once more and less than they were

The Gesalt-lord moves in physical form 

rb7VVn9.jpeg

wTuVrt3.jpeg

RkH5B2E.jpeg

md7OvHl.jpeg

• 8 months later...

For lo, even do the ravages of the Destroyer virus infect those among the Gesalt-lords noblest minions.

A ravening for harsh destruction

Bound in altered form

UfHqoQx.jpeg

Ever repairing, ever decaying

The touch of the awakening C'tan brings about an endless circle of rot and repair 

The Canoptek constructs and their masters will be forever locked into this cycle

DWGqEAn.jpeg

Furious beams of energy struck down our troops as soon as the landed. From a crackling glow strode a multi-limbed monster spewing fire.

- Captain Jens Olfasuun, 12th Varron Drop-troops

iDtEhXx.jpegJj9O9mb.jpeg