My 2K List

McElMcNinja

Here is the list I have been using, mostly against DE. In my last game I destroyed 5 raiders by turn 2, which I think is important. My first iteration of this list I was tabled by turn 3 or at least reduced to an ineffective force that I had not chance of recovering.

Now it is at least competitive enough that I am holding objectives mid to late game and it really comes down to secondaries.

Thinking of adding in Greater Blight Drones and adding more Poxwalkers, but still play testing. They would give some faster options to help Spread the Sickness as the extra-1AP seems to add a lot to my damage output.

Any c&c welcome.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [100 PL, 2,000pts, 9CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Plague Company: The Inexorable

+ Stratagems +

Gifts of Decay [-1CP]: Additional Relics

+ No Force Org Slot +

Foul Blightspawn [5 PL, 85pts]: Ferric Blight, Revolting Stench-vats, Viscous Death, Warlord

+ HQ +

Death Guard Chaos Lord [5 PL, 85pts]: Astartes chainsword, Bolt pistol

Malignant Plaguecaster [5 PL, 95pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 6. Gift of Plagues, Bolt pistol

+ Troops +

Poxwalkers [5 PL, 100pts]

. 20x Poxwalker: 20x Improvised weapon

Poxwalkers [5 PL, 100pts]

. 20x Poxwalker: 20x Improvised weapon

Poxwalkers [2 PL, 50pts]

. 10x Poxwalker: 10x Improvised weapon

+ Elites +

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 175pts, -1CP]: Hellforged cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin volkite culverin

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 175pts, -1CP]: Hellforged cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin volkite culverin

Deathshroud Terminators [7 PL, 150pts]

. Deathshroud Champion: Plaguespurt gauntlet

. 2x Deathshroud Terminator: 2x Manreaper, 2x Plaguespurt gauntlet

Tallyman [4 PL, 70pts]: Tollkeeper

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [7 PL, 135pts]: Fleshmower

Foetid Bloat-drone [7 PL, 130pts]: 2x Plaguespitter

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy slugger

++ Total: [100 PL, 2,000pts, 9CP] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

• 4 months later...

I will prefaces this with I gave him my list well over a week in advance, so he knew what he would be facing. He is also a good player with many tournament wins so he knows how to play and we always play to win when we face each other.

He had 2 wagons full of stuff, a bone breaker, some buggies, some smash’s guns, a plane, squig somethings, lots of troops, a few bikes, some gretchin, and more. I think it had a lot of everything, but I’m not knowledgeable on Orks.

The first game which had good terrain was over turn one. I won the roll and got to first. After my opening volley he called the game, I asked him if he was sure cuz he had a few things in strategic reserve, but after talking it out he was convinced he couldn’t catch me. We figured out 85+ to around 30 so we reset.

Second game new mission and even more terrain, but same lists. I won the roll again, he did hide more stuff this game and it looked promising to be a good game. Halfway through my shooting phase of turn two he conceded again. Once again I had pretty much blown all his stuff off the board and after talking out what might happen I had 100 to his 30 something points. He had put even more in reserves but had screened him out well.

At this point I felt bad, no one wants a game to be over so quickly but I had taken out all his AT stuff and would have walked all over him.

I had been running two PBC and two volk-Contemptors, but pushed them both up to three of each. I put out so much damage he had just a couple units left and there was really no way he could catch up. He says he has retooled his list and wants to go again, but I don’t think I will take the same list.

I ran Mani’s list with a few changes but it is so strong I would only take it to a tournament.