What do you expect/want to see in CA 2021 for Necrons?

dreadmad

Reanimators should go down another 5-10 points, right now they are still a slightly expensive buff unit that can get taken out easily due to their size. Maybe have immortals drop a bit, unsure about that one. Monolith and obelisk need to go down. I have a feeling that the Technomancer and Chronomancer will go up 10 points, while the other two crypteks stay the same- not something I want, but something that will better balance the four.

I honestly think we won't see anything. I'm a little despairing of the way Necrons get treated really.

What I will like as a minimum is the Reanimator going down, Tesla Immortals need to go down to 0pts per weapon, Annihilation Barges need to go down in points.

I even think Flayed Ones need a drop too. Not that that matters, as few people will buy 20 of them when they're all monopose models.

Heavy Destroyers, whilst fantastic models, struggle to do anything worthwhile on the table. They need that points to make their single shot weapon and below average statline considerable.

Honestly look at a Canoptek Spider's statline and wonder why Heavy Destroyers don't have something similar to that.

I don't know if it's really my expectation of simply a wish, but the deathmarks, hexmark, lord should also go down.

I hope they cover FW's stuff; I've been looking for an excuse to get acanthrites for a while now.

I always hope for forgeworld but really don't expect it. These days it feels like GW is actually trying to slowly ween us off of it. 

I would be super surprised if the hexmark doesn't get a cut. It's been mentioned before, a large chunk of our new models rule-wise just sort of landed on "meh" status upon release. Which is somewhat surprising for GW. And in some cases, a points adjustment is not the best fix.

All these new models and just sorta ok to bad: Hexmark, monolith, flayed ones, ophydians, convergence of dominion, reanimator, pychomancer, and even the new heavy destroyers to an extent. I'm on the fence on Illuminor, but I wouldn't mind a small points reduction on him. 

These sorts of things are generally limited to points changes only and with Chaos Marines still not getting 2 wounds, but I'm desperately hoping for D2 on the Hexmark. At least when firing at infantry.

Never happen this edition unfortunately. Next Codex will be next edition.

I am excited to see what the books bring in general, but I’m also skeptical.

These publications are often written several months in advance. And, with all the problems GW has had brining out product these past few months, there’s a good chance this was written at least 6 months ago. Which was the Seigler SK and warrior reaper list days.

Which has me thinking reapers will be +2 points, chronomancers go to 100, and scarabs go to 20 a base. (I’d actually love to see warriors drop to 11 but reapers add +2 to give flayers play)

Now, optimistically, I’d like to see reductions on all multi wound models. RP is not nearly as strong on multi wound models as I think GW expected. Taking off 10% per wound over 1 would be a nice start I think. And couple examples being Skorpekhs dropping to 28ppm (20%), Lokhust HD going to 50 (little less than 30%) and lychguard going to 25ppm (10%)

My other stretch hope is immortals going to 15 and Tesla losing the 2ppm cost.

Now, optimistically, I’d like to see reductions on all multi wound models. RP is not nearly as strong on multi wound models as I think GW expected. Taking off 10% per wound over 1 would be a nice start I think. And couple examples being Skorpekhs dropping to 28ppm (20%), Lokhust HD going to 50 (little less than 30%) and lychguard going to 25ppm (10%)

You would think......but I'm sure whoever is leading this at GW is probably thinking that living metal makes up for the ineffectiveness of RP on MW models. :teehee:

These publications are often written several months in advance. And, with all the problems GW has had brining out product these past few months, there’s a good chance this was written at least 6 months ago. Which was the Seigler SK and warrior reaper list days.

Which has me thinking reapers will be +2 points, chronomancers go to 100, and scarabs go to 20 a base.

That made me fail a morale check

h8c85uyvh5171.jpg

Found this out in the wild. Salt applied as necessary. 

Paying extra for tesla is still silly imho. I expected a warrior increase, so no surprise here just slightly disappointing. It does even things out between the two at least. 

Edited by Ahzek451

h8c85uyvh5171.jpg

Found this out in the wild. Salt applied as necessary.

Paying extra for tesla is still silly imho. I expected a warrior increase, so no surprise here just slightly disappointing. It does even things out between the two at least.

It hardly evens things out. If immortals are only 2 points more than warriors then immortals become auto picks. (Hopefully intercessors stay where they are!)

It hardly evens things out. If immortals are only 2 points more than warriors then immortals become auto picks. (Hopefully intercessors stay where they are!)

I wonder if this will lead to heavier slant towards a single Warrior Unit and then fill the rest of your troops with Immortals.

I wonder if this will lead to heavier slant towards a single Warrior Unit and then fill the rest of your troops with Immortals.

This is my thinking as well, and what I meant by evening things out. Previously I had just wanted to run warriors. Now I have incentive to do just this. 2 immortal squads and 1 big warrior blob. 

Edited by Ahzek451

This is my thinking as well, and what I meant by evening things out. Previously I had just wanted to run warriors. Now I have incentive to do just this. 2 immortal squads and 1 big warrior blob.

I can see that. It seems a shame though... warriors will become a prestige ‘elite’ unit, while rank and file duties are performed by more efficient units. Seems unfluffy!

Silver tide may be last year’s fashion. The number of units capable of wiping a 20 model unit in one go is growing. That small increase may be enough to put them in the too expensive pile. Of course, that assumes other pieces also increase.

I am happy with the immortal decease. Less points in troops is more points for the hard hitting elites. Hopefully.

I am hoping that the Lokhurst destroyers and heavy destroyers get a point drop 55pt -> 40pt, and heavy down as well. I would really like to see our anti-tank fixed. D6 shots and D6 damage is just too swingy.

Yeah if other point increases come I expect to see us hit the bottom of the leagues pretty quick :(

I’m starting to think fake, as the leaks covering other codexes seem very off. I’ve heard GSC neophytes are listed at 55 points and seen DE Raiders listed at 145. Which seems very off. I think we’ll be waiting for Saturday book preview videos to get the real goods.

I'm not so sure. 145pts seems fair for a Raider, especially when you compare what it can do compared to other transports.

So maybe there is some truth in all this? Warriors being so close in points to Immortals is a problem though. Inevitably you'll choose the more powerful Immortals for just 2pts more.

I'm not so sure. 145pts seems fair for a Raider, especially when you compare what it can do compared to other transports.

So maybe there is some truth in all this? Warriors being so close in points to Immortals is a problem though. Inevitably you'll choose the more powerful Immortals for just 2pts more.

Before this becomes a sidetracked for/against Drukari transport war:

- This is a 70% increase in points from the original. Any points changes in CA2021 for a book as recently released as Drukari will simply be tweaks they want to change post-Drukari codex print, but well before it reaches the general public - so it's definitely not a kneejerk nerf, which leads me to believe that image isn't a legitimate points change.

- Since their books are printed abroad they have a hefty lead time on them normally (I've heard 4-6 months thrown around). With the pandemic messing up release schedules and international supply chains I could believe this was sent to print 6-8 months ago, which would line up with when Silver Tides were more of a meta bugbear list.

I'm holding judgement on the Necron points changes, but +1 Warriors/-1 Immortals does scan with what I might expect to see. I'd also expect to see a bump in the Silent Kings points, maybe to 475 or so. I'd like to be wrong though!