Contemptor weapons load outs

Hi all.

Looking to get a contemptor because I have seen the most awesome nurgle conversation on one but considering weapon options....

What are people's go to?

The model I am looking at as twin volkites which look awesome but could easily bounce against marines (my usual foe)

I know traditionally we struggle with ranged anti armour and 2 twin lascannon would help with that

Or a half way house of heavy plasma because it's cool, I like plasma but still only blast d3 each

I like the Volkites with missile launcher, but when I shoot at marines I try to make sure they are within Ferric Blight range which also means they are within Nurgles Gift range. Your volkites will be wounding them on 2’s, -1AP, D2, and MWs on 6’s. To further buff them I keep them near the Tallyman with Tollkeeper and a Chaos Lord. That gives you 16 shots, hitting on 2’s, re-rolling 1’s, and exploding 6’s. Mathhammer says you are getting at least 16 shots to hit, wounding 14, with 2 MWs and they should save half of those with a 4+, that should kill 8 2W marines. The 2d6 shot missile launcher should finish off the last 2.