Greetings fellow Loyalists,

I'm just getting back into list building and hopefully playing soon. I've been out of the game (play-wise) since 5th edition, so I tried to gather everything, read/watched the c*ap out of battlereports and lists, read rules and codexes, but I'm not sure about if what I produced here is any good.

I'm not looking to go WAAC nor 100% fluff, but a list that brings BT which are my alltimes favorites and Knights, as I also like the style, that will not get tabled turn two. Opinions + C&C are very, very welcome.

BT Bat.detachment:

HQ: 

Primaris Chaplain on Bike (MOS, Armour Indomitus, Fires of Devotion, Paragon of Fury to make him a resilient melee monster)

The Emperors Champion (even though he's not the best, I won't go without)

Troops: 5 men each

Assault Intercessors (PF on Sgt)

Fast Attack:

Outrider Squad

Outrider Squad

Heavy Support:

Eradicator Squad

Eradicator Squad

Super Heavy Detachment:

House: Hawkshroud (I expect heavy anti tank from the gaming group I joined and this will help to be efficient a bit longer)

Knight Crusader

Armiger Warglaive

Armiger Warglaive

Total 2k even

Battle plan should be obvious: Crack some hard shells around the fluffy stuff and chop up afterwards.

Cheers

PS: I hope there are not too many typos, english is not my first language :wink:

Typically it's hard taking allies as Space Marines because of how good Combat Doctrines are but you're bring such strong units I don't think it matters! And I also never leave home without my Emperor's Champion (unless it's a tournament) and I've only ever had success with him. Unless your opponent is reducing damage by 1, he'll cripple or kill anything he gets into combat with.

The only changes I'd make are to the Chaplain. Paragon of Fury is great if you can fallback and charge but is probably only going to maybe cause 1 or 2 mortal wounds all game. If you really want him to be a combat monster, take the Wise Orator Warlord Trait for reliable reciting and the Benediction of Fury relic then choose the Mantra of Strength as your litany. As a MoS you've also got access to a second litany. I highly recommend Canticle of Hate but it's up to you :)

Alternatively, you can kit out your Chaplain for support and only choose stuff from our Index by taking the Ancient Breviary relic for reliable reciting and the Frontline Commander Warlord Trait to get everyone else into combat. Chuck in Divine Protection and Fires of Devotion for your litanies and you've got a Warlord who's making units around him harder to kill, better at charging, faster at running, and stronger in combat (Daft Punk would be proud!)

Thank's for your extensive Feedback, I will rethink how to setup the Chaplain.

Love the Emperors champ too. Such a cool model

And I also never leave home without my Emperor's Champion (unless it's a tournament) and I've only ever had success with him. 

In regard to the above: I "primarisified" my EC. I also have the Old model but it would look odd surrounded by only Primaris. For tournament games I'd also lose him (even though the "An army of 750p or above must include an EC" line from the Armageddon codex is forever burned into my brain :sweat: ), but as the ones I plan to play are unofficial I think I can go with the model below and his Codex "legacy marine" statline. It's not painted yet, since I just finished bulding the whole army a few days ago.

BTEC.jpg

Cheers