New Codex Cover & 9th Ed Speculation/Rumours

Xenith

Reroll wound of 1 is great, the problem is that when this is your sub-faction bonus.

A deniable spell, that you can not even cast-off, and that is going to apply to only a few units that are actually shooting on the targetted ennemy... wow

Compare to Bkack Heart sub faction bonus:

- Vect

- all units reroll 1 hit roll (shooting and CC)

- +1 level in power from pain table

Drukhari Cabals aren't comparable to TS cults at all. The only comparison for the Cults are the GK Brotherhoods and the Death Guard Plague Companies. For DG the Black Heart bonus compares to Inexorable Advance, then Plague Companies are on top of that and have no comparison with Drukhari stuff.

TS are a Chaos Marine subfaction already.

I'm guessing:

- Autopass a Psychic test

- Re-roll a test (obviously cheaper?)

- Gain extra Cabal Point?

- Use Points to auto pass an Infernal Master Ability

- Recast a power.

Things I'm really waiting on:

- Rubric/Scarab inherent ability? Is it still -1 AP to incoming damage of 1?

- Are we still getting 6" extra cast range?

- With Duplicity, can I still violently toss a Helbrute into my opponent's face?

I also am excited for the legion command traits. Auspex Tactics video today showed a full table of command traits I did not see in the preview.

Any chance the Legion Command Trait; Ardent Automata for 20 points is a low rent psy dread upgrade from a hellbrute? Probably not as its not really Automata but wonder what it applies to? Feels like I am missing something obvious here without my book in front of me.

Edited by Skerr

I also am excited for the legion command traits. Auspex Tactics video today showed a full table of command traits I did not see in the preview.

Any chance the Legion Command Trait; Ardent Automata for 20 points is a low rent psy dread upgrade from a hellbrute? Probably not as its not really Automata but wonder what it applies to? Feels like I am missing something obvious here without my book in front of me.

The command trait point upgrades are from munitorum field manual 2021mk2 I think, they've been in the wild for a few months.

Well, either some rituals cost the same, or there is something bigger than 9, or there is a 1,and I can panthom what can be that minor.

9...autocast?

I'd be surprised we'd get an autocast if we have the thing that says "ok you can't deny this" since getting to that point is fairly easy with Command Re-roll and the various boosts to manifest we can get. For 9 points, it'd be a waste and I am sure they want some element of risk involved considering access to the goodies we have to really try to get that power off.

I'm guessing:

- Recast a power.

- With Duplicity, can I still violently toss a Helbrute into my opponent's face?

I'd love for other rituals to be:

-replenish d3 Rubrics or 1 Scarab Occult (6)

-move & Summon daemons (3)

-attempt to manifest psychic powers after Falling Back or performing Actions (4)

-manifest one power previously used this psychic phase (9)

Edited by Archaeinox

I'm guessing:

- Recast a power.

-attempt to manifest psychic powers after Falling Back or performing Actions (4)

Thats a very good list!

I'm guessing:

- Recast a power.

Thats a very good list!

It's...simply too logical, off with that nonsense! :biggrin.:

Having the option of exchanging powers would be nice or using another psycher to check for range and LoS

Edit: priced right that would present the choice beteeen raw power and tactical flexibikity

Edited by Are Verlo

To be honest I don't think we can expect an ability to manifest a power a 2nd time. 

18 powers (2x9 instead of the previous 2x6 w/ the conditional Tzeentch one that you could only swap into if you weren't a Daemon Prince) is pretty fething spicy. It is clear that we are encouraged to take lots of sorcerers. I was wondering why we would ever take a basic Sorcerer over an Infernal Master... well, casting TWO of these new powers is a reason.

Edited by Archaeinox

The amount of powers should be to not have a need to double up. Just hope they are overall decent. Really hoping to hear about changes to certain previously crappy equipment like the icon of flame. And hoping all is dust gets a change. At the start of 8th, it was a lot more useful, but ever since, damage 1+ weapons have been on the rise, and when rubrics move to 2 wounds, they will become even bigger targets for damage 1+ making it a lot less effective since its inception.

I could be wrong but i thought i saw a Grey Knight preview sneak in yesterday also. Maybe we will get lucky today and find who on our side got a boost. Soon brothers! Edited by Skerr

I could be wrong but i thought i saw a Grey Knight preview sneak in yesterday also. Maybe we will get lucky today and find who on our side got a boost. Soon brothers!

Yeah I just can't quite remember the pattern, there is one. 

Monday-little bit of both

Tues-us-what is new

wed-grey knight-what is new

today-grey knight-biggest improvements

So either they stack biggest improvements together, today. Or, its saved for friday. I just never recall anything being saved for friday. Could be wrong. 

We know what two of the Legion Command traits do, but don't forget there are more:

Ardent Automata

Battle Psyker

Dilettante

Loyal Thrall

Paradigm of Change

Protoge

Rehati

Rites of Coalescence

Witch Warrior

True, but seeing we are priced at 25 points for a mere extra cast, I don't have my hopes up that these will be any value beyond flavor. 25 point for only a cast is just too much.

The battle psyker for example for 10 points would be a great powerup, for a character actually intended for CC. ours are not, and not quipped with high end weapons anyway. if you happen to have a sorcerer/termisor and 10 points to spare you might as well-but its never going to be something you look for.

Still waiting for that army-wide rule that effects non-psykers and supposedly meshes really well with daemon engines that was talked about by testers.

Unless they meant the rituals, and not every ritual targets a psyker? that's possible I guess.