New Codex Cover & 9th Ed Speculation/Rumours

Xenith

Thanks for the clarification on the Heavy Warpflamer y'all. My screen grabs are blurry and I decided to wait for my in hands copy for a true deep dive. Missed opportunity on the heavy warpflamer but SRC makes up for it and there are plenty of other goodies so HWF takes one for the team.

So happy Icons have some real purpose though debating if I should add my spares to my SRCs like we do with the Hellfyre.

Edited by Skerr

Honestly, Im not sure on the icons either.

I mean, cabal farming is nice. but it's one of these things I'd put into a list after its done, now actively chase.

The codex as a whole feels like its easy to fall to the trap of "toys before boys" and just stack small upgrades to the point the body count start being an issue.

True that, I didn't mean to imply it was an autotake just happy its better than it was and you do have a good point on "toys before boys" trap lol. Same trap with characters and bodies to protect them if not careful.

I do plan on maximizing cabal points in my first couple games though after some xp I will look at balancing what seems necessary and not.

Edited by Skerr

Is Smite spam still a thing? Whats the rules for that?

All our units get full Smite now instead of 1 wound Smites. We don't ignore the escalating penalties to casting Smite over and over any more, but we DO gain a +1 to cast and have other bonuses to compensate, as well as the ability to supercharge the damage on certain casts.