New Codex Cover & 9th Ed Speculation/Rumours

Xenith

Thats funny, I bought a couple to put into my black legion but changed my mind when I instead went with havocs in drills.

Maybe not the minority. I've decided to keep mine as is and just shave the undivided star on the back off and replace it with a big ouroboros with a mark of tzeentch in the middle.

Edited by Ahzek451

Sounds good. Honestly I haven't painted mine yet so they could slot into either army depending on who needs them more.

For example, my BL have Havocs and Oblits which are my biggest supporters for firepower. Lesser, but still impactful is the Combi weapon terminators that Black Legion has.

So balancing that against Thousand Sons, I had high hopes for the Forgefiends. I think they should be BS3 and some help from the Psychic Phase would be good. 

True. Funny story, I had to remind my DG opponent of that in our last game (he played half the game without using it and I asked him to look it up.)

Now the points will be the big question.

I'm always fearful for a Thousand Sons release. Maybe it's the old Chaos player in me but I also feel like in 9th that GW wasn't sure what to do with the Psychic phase. I can see both sides of the coin. Making Psychics powerful and competitive while giving you reason to use other units without going overboard is a tough balancing act.

I'm so lost on the points thing. So was the minitorum pts meant for after the codex?

Totally get it, thousand sons have never been in the limelight for a durable codex since early on. But also depends when you count them as being an official army. I suppose for me, a "pure" force started in 3.5. Having 2 wounds then was super nice. But nothing game breaking. There was a brief spot when magnus first appeared that things were a little silly with him and a rehati. At least this way if the book is the same level of what were used to, the disappointment won't be as bad haha. But I've also heard some great things with forgefiends and scarab occult so we will see.

Imagine if all is dust was a revival of an extra wound? 3 wound rubrics and 4 wound terminators? Haha!

Yes, the points are directly ripped from the codex- as per the playtester who was praising forgefiends, scarab occult, infernal master and the pure army bonus. The most recent thing he said, last night or so, is that we will likely not want to soup because that pure bonus is so nice. 

Edited by Archaeinox

Yes, the points are directly ripped from the codex- as per the playtester who was praising forgefiends, scarab occult, infernal master and the pure army bonus. The most recent thing he said, last night or so, is that we will likely not want to soup because that pure bonus is so nice. 

If true, this is very good to hear. I can appreciate that while it certainly has been a slow moving ship, GW has finally listened to reason. Keep soup, let it exist, but reward those armies that keep to one force/theme. Win/win. There was also a comment that no one has yet geussed what this army bonus is? 

Glad we got the rumors that we got, but I'm jonesin' for an image leak or info dump of some kind. 

There was also a comment that no one has yet geussed what this army bonus is? 

Yeah.. He won't say a peep about it and I think he's just amused watching people guess it.

Recent: "I think if you're going into the TSons book you'll definitely want the mono bonus" is pretty significant to me but yeah we'll see

Edited by Archaeinox

There was also a comment that no one has yet geussed what this army bonus is? 

Yeah.. He won't say a peep about it and I think he's just amused watching people guess it.

Recent: "I think if you're going into the TSons book you'll definitely want the mono bonus" is pretty significant to me but yeah we'll see

I'm going to say for me the top thing a mono-build TSons could give me is the ability to pick powers based on match up. Or some similar power swap function.

The easy guess is 6" extra range or Smite buff, but while effective, a little too boring to sound like it's Mono bonus.

I'm going to say for me the top thing a mono-build TSons could give me is the ability to pick powers based on match up. Or some similar power swap function.

I don't think that's happening because having that as a pure army bonus Super Doctrine would be stepping on the toes of the Crusade requisition to change powers on a psyker unit at any time before games but that's just my own prediction. 

The easy guess is 6" extra range or Smite buff, but while effective, a little too boring to sound like it's Mono bonus.

This guy praising the mono bonus for being more interactive and interesting than the Death Guard and Drukhari ones is a pretty good indicator that it's very unique and fun, especially coming from a guy who plays competitive chaos. I'm even more stoked that he said TS probably won't want to Soup up. That bodes pretty well since he has a comp mindset. Of course everyone is welcome to pour salt all over these rumors

Edited by Archaeinox

The new snakebite culture previews this morning for orks....anything under strength 8 you cant wound better than a 4+. I'm willing to bet this is what all I'd dust will be or related. Edited by Ahzek451

anything under strength 8 you cant wound better than a 4+. I'm willing to bet this is what all I'd dust will be or related.

Some sort of unit can get that with DE, too. It's like a conditional transhuman, so lightweight.. Rubrics used to have that in the first book, I think they were just straight IMMUNE to ranged attacks unless they were Strength 5 or higher. 

But my own personal opinion is that All is Dust won't be something like that because 21pts is enough to justify current Rubric rules with JUST the additional wound. I think we can expect an alteration to +1 saves, or not change at all. 

The model is brilliant he's a definite addition to any Sons force I'm sure. If not? It'll be easy enough to kitbash and convert your own especially with the luxury of the Exalted Sorcerers box :biggrin.: The helmet and tutelaries in particular stand out to me :)

Seems he has some decent abilities too which is the cherry on top :smile.: I really hope the box set has a good selection of units as I'd love to get it and this model. Otherwise GW seem to wait a while before releasing box set models independently now :confused: Good timing indeed as I finish up other projects so that box of Rubrics will be on my table soon!