New Codex Cover & 9th Ed Speculation/Rumours

Xenith

I'm sure GW is well aware at the lack of minis we have for the army. The question is where do we stand on the priority list, not high but possibly not at the bottom either. But as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Perhaps if more people that felt the need for a more "full" list of models (besides AoS ports), then I would say it would probably help if more people politely voiced this want on any facebook posts related to us on WARCOM. 

That seems to have worked for Black Templar players. I think we all need to add 'More TS Models' as a comment on the yearly survey. 

We need stratagems to make our cast more reliable, or even un-deniable (only way we can defeat a SoB army, as they gave this faction an automatic 33% denial rate)

My dream for this codex is to have auras from exhalted to secure psychic, like reroll 1s for psychic test

Woukd make sense to have experienced Sorcerers helping younger sorcerers to cast better

You're thinking small scale, brother............. Let your mind ascend us towards devastating power!

All of the things you mention at the beginning should be passives. An army GW claims to be superior at magic shouldn't have to spend resources to be good at it.. CP should be spent to make it damn near impossible to stop, though, like the last part of your first sentence.

As for the sorcerers helping younger sorcerers cast better, I believe in quite the opposite. If anything, our best casters should be bolstered by the sheer presence of the multitude of minor psykers.

I was a huge fan of all the warp charge in Wrath of Magnus.. I was 100% ok with the little guys basically never casting powers, but the big guys just laughing with their limitless supply and ability to mitigate perils as an army passive. We need THAT sort of magic.

Edited by Archaeinox

Seems magic heavy armies are still paying for the sins of 6th edition… it’s like GW doesn’t want to let supreme psyker armies run to their potential and severely handicaps them at the cost of making them almost uncompetitive. The Ritual of the Damned was a great step, hopefully they give TS and GK a real power boost to reflect their actual psychic abilities.

Black Templars are coming too though and will likely have more psyker shutdown mechanics than sisters lol

Indeed. It's nice to see abilities on units that require a simple roll(not psychic) which cannot be denied or affected. But my continuing fear is that we will will possibly get powers that are on the same footing. We don't want game breaking psychic powers, but if we have to go through the rigmarole of facing perils, a test, and possible deny then it would be nice if the power being cast was worth all that trouble.  

For the love of god will you(GW) FINALLY give us a manipulating power in the form of controlling a weapon on an enemy and using it against them? This should be elementary and part of our tools list from day 1. There is a reason the Sons do not carry as big of a garage of tanks and weapons when most things can be solved with a psychic power. I don't need a laser turret, I'll just use yours!

Indeed. It's nice to see abilities on units that require a simple roll(not psychic) which cannot be denied or affected. But my continuing fear is that we will will possibly get powers that are on the same footing. We don't want game breaking psychic powers, but if we have to go through the rigmarole of facing perils, a test, and possible deny then it would be nice if the power being cast was worth all that trouble.

For the love of god will you(GW) FINALLY give us a manipulating power in the form of controlling a weapon on an enemy and using it against them? This should be elementary and part of our tools list from day 1. There is a reason the Sons do not carry as big of a garage of tanks and weapons when most things can be solved with a psychic power. I don't need a laser turret, I'll just use yours!

I love that idea , but I fear that would never ever pass the screaming hordes of “too overpowered!” that tends to come out of the woodwork when a new book is released. Especially if it’s of the chaos variety.

You're thinking small scale, brother............. Let your mind ascend us towards devastating power!

<snip>

You mean like "failed deny the witch checks cause d3 mortals" big or even bigger? :whistling:

This would be a really cool relic or ability. If an opponent fails to deny a power, they suffer. Do you want to risk it?

For the love of god will you(GW) FINALLY give us a manipulating power in the form of controlling a weapon on an enemy and using it against them? 

Treason of Tzeentch did that in Wrath of Magnus iirc. Big sad it went away.

Edited by Archaeinox

We need stratagems to make our cast more reliable, or even un-deniable (only way we can defeat a SoB army, as they gave this faction an automatic 33% denial rate)

My dream for this codex is to have auras from exhalted to secure psychic, like reroll 1s for psychic test

Woukd make sense to have experienced Sorcerers helping younger sorcerers to cast better

All of the things you mention at the beginning should be passives. An army GW claims to be superior at magic shouldn't have to spend resources to be good at it.. CP should be spent to make it damn near impossible to stop, though, like the last part of your first sentence.

As for the sorcerers helping younger sorcerers cast better, I believe in quite the opposite. If anything, our best casters should be bolstered by the sheer presence of the multitude of minor psykers.

I was a huge fan of all the warp charge in Wrath of Magnus.. I was 100% ok with the little guys basically never casting powers, but the big guys just laughing with their limitless supply and ability to mitigate perils as an army passive. We need THAT sort of magic.

Sounds all good, wasnt in 40k yet at that time, but love the sounds of it

For the love of god will you(GW) FINALLY give us a manipulating power in the form of controlling a weapon on an enemy and using it against them? 

I love that idea , but I fear that would never ever pass the screaming hordes of “too overpowered!” that tends to come out of the woodwork when a new book is released. Especially if it’s of the chaos variety.

Genestealer cults already have this one. Mind Control for 7wc, except mind control lets you shoot all that models weapons.

On the 'interactive trait',

What about:

"Instead of rolling for casting spells normally, roll 2 dice for each power a model can cast (so a model that can cast 2 powers per turn rolls 4 dice). These are your casting dice. Assign these dice to each power that the model can cast. A power whose dice total exceeds it's casting value is cast successfully. The Thousand Sons player may decide in which order to resolve the powers effects"

That might let you assign a single 6 to a smite for example and 3 dice to another power, if you can get it above 13, then it essentially becomes undenyable through normal means. 

Edited by Xenith

Genestealer cults already have this one. Mind Control for 7wc, except mind control lets you shoot all that models weapons.

Oh I am well aware of that one, I just try not to think about it. Sheesh, treason of Tzeentch is so bad.

“Mostly Goats”, yet the kit is literally split 50/50 between Tzaangors kits and TS kits

Unless that was talking about the number of models? I was hoping for more Rubrics but that's how it goes with box sets. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - such are the whims of Tzeentch :laugh.: Wonder how long the wait will be for the Infernal Master release? Hopefully not as long as the usual.

Unless that was talking about the number of models? I was hoping for more Rubrics but that's how it goes with box sets. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - such are the whims of Tzeentch :laugh.: Wonder how long the wait will be for the Infernal Master release? Hopefully not as long as the usual.

Honestly if I didn't hate the GK mini marines I'd love this kit, the only TS kit I have of these are the Tzaangors, who I loved painting. But just like Pain and Piety, I really don't like the opposing faction at all

As much hate as the goats get, I hope that they figured out a way to make the chainsword/pistol option more appealing. I love seeing them modeled that wait over the sigmar weapons. 

That's exactly what I was hoping to see. I have enough goats to start my own planet o' magic goats. A change in the build would be welcomed, but not a point increase for sure since they are a throwaway unit in almost any match up. Especially with the last few codexes released. These guys won't last a hot minute.

Unfortunately that's the nature of these boxed sets also, the two potential GK buyers I know aren't really interested so... I guess that's the end of that then :laugh.: Trying to sell the GK on feels like it'd be as successful trying to sell snow to a Space Wolf :ermm:

Just noticed that Tsons SC boxes have been discontinued. I guess we definitely will be seeing a combat patrol sooner than later.

Hopefully with far less goats than the SC