New Grey Knights Codex

The question I'm asking is whether Terminator Bombs are going to be a thing.

Looks very much like it, unless spamming strikes purifiers won't happen to be better strategy. It depends on how many PA rules will survive the new codex. If -1 damage strat will still be there, Termies are certainly worth it. If fight after death strat on pallies is still there too, it could be a good idea to have 5-10 in a list. If they will have bodyguard rule, 5 will be a must have.

I can totally see myself running a squad of 4 around my apothecary in a defensive formation, for purely fluff reasons haha!

I think it really depends on what differentiates Paladins from Terminators in the coming book. Paying 5 points cheaper per model (so 50 points on a unit of 10) in exchange for losing an attack, but gaining obsec (and filling up Battalion/Patrol requirements) could well tip the scales in the Terminators' favor. Bodyguard could be cool... but I rarely find myself in a situation where my opponent can shoot at my characters, unless my units are already dead. WS2+ (like Deathshroud Termis) on the whole unit could be really cool, but hopefully GW comes up with a really cool, thematic rule that sets them apart. Purifiers, if they get some kind of extra compared to Strikes (1 point/model more according to the MFM leaks), like an extra attack and better range on their Smite (plus the extra wound) could be interesting as well if Untainted and Unbowed sticks around.

As for the Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight... I've always been a huge fan, but they have been overcosted in the past. With the new book, sitting at 205-215 points fully equipped (not including the mystery upgrades) and if they don't get "nerfed" (please GW lol) that's 30-40 points cheaper than they currently are... which is huge. Sanctuary is such a key part of the Grey Knights book that I doubt they'll change it... they might cap it at 3++ in the wording (they'll probably do the same to Warding Staves) but I'm confident GMDKs will still be able to get it. Any potential buffs to psiweapons/incinerators (and possibly combat weapons? the points have changed with the greatsword now being more expensive than the hammer!) could also tool them up. Fingers crossed! 

Have you guys noticed the significant points drop to the Brotherhood Champion and his points in comparison to Crowe? This could mean some interesting changes to both?

This could mean some interesting changes to both?

Either GW finally understood that a model without deep strike and any buffs to the rest of an army should cost so much or BroChamp may lose fight after death ability, since we have a strat anyway. 

SoB's Retributors lost their move + shoot with heavy weapons without penalty, so I don't see our Purgation picking up that rule. While it is a big nerf to their unit, it never made much sense that Sisters could shoot heavy weapons better than Space Marines. 

I guess GW instead of bringing Devastator / Purgation squads up to be in-line with them, they brought the Sisters down to be in-line with us. 

I am still hoping Dreadknights get brought up to be in-line with Paragon Warsuits and receive the same -1 damage though. 

Sister's Codex has a strat that ensures flamers hit with the maximum amount of shots - hopefully GW had this in mind with our Codex incinerators as they definitely deserve a strat to match Psychic Onslaught / Psybolt Ammo. I'm also crossing fingers Incinerators are finally included for the Tide of Convergence buff.

Sister's Codex has a strat that ensures flamers hit with the maximum amount of shots - hopefully GW had this in mind with our Codex incinerators as they definitely deserve a strat to match Psychic Onslaught / Psybolt Ammo. I'm also crossing fingers Incinerators are finally included for the Tide of Convergence buff.

If I recall right there was a psy something strat we lost a few codifies back.

Could this be the rework of it?

Edited by Skywrath