Firstborn Black Templars (1250pt)

Greetings battle brothers! I mentioned in my battle report that I'd be mixing up what the Sacramentum Crusade was bringing to round 3 of the tournament so here's what I came up with! All feedback is welcome :)

I also haven't posted an army list here before so if I break any formatting rules let me know!

++ Sacramentum Crusade (Tournament Round 3) [8CP, 1250pt] ++

+ HQ +

Chapter Master [135pt]: Warlord, Master of the Codex WT, The Armour Indomitus Relic, Relic Blade, Grav Pistol.

Lieutenant [-2CP, 80pt]:  Frontline Commander WT, The Aurillian Shroud Relic, Powerfist, Plasma Pistol.

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad [85pt]: Sword Brethren (Powerfist), 4x Initiates

Crusader Squad [90pt]: Sword Brethren, 3x Initiates, Initiate w/Missile Launcher

Crusader Squad [85pt]: Sword Brethren, 3x Initiates, Initiate w/ Plasma Gun

Crusader Squad [85pt]: Sword Brethren (Power Axe), 3x Initiates, Initiate w/Flamer

Crusader Squad [85pt]: Sword Brethren (Power Maul), 3x Initiates, Initiate w/Power Axe

+ Elites +

Chief Apothecary [-2CP, 90pt]: Selfless Healer WT, Crusaders Helm Relic

Contemptor Dreadnought [150pt]: Multi-melta

Contemptor Dreadnought [150pt]: Kerres pattern assault cannon

Terminator Assault Squad [215]: THSS

The Game Plan

The plan I had when writing the list was pretty simple: one or two of the Fire Support Crusader squads would hold the objectives in my deployment zone and I'd castle up with the rest on whatever point in my opponents line looked weakest and spread out once the Aurillian shroud has done it's thing. The Apothecary would tag along with the Terminators and the other Characters would go wherever they're needed. However I'm going up against Space Wolves I've got to change my tact significantly.

I'm very confident that the Space Wolves will alpha strike me with Thunderwolf Cavalry while Bjorn and the rest of the army will move up the board for a second turn charge. Not only do I expect this to be my opponents strategy, I'm counting on it. I can't out perform the Space Wolves in close combat so I'm hoping I can use Defeat Through Detail to win the day. 

Depending on the battlefield and the mission, I hope to either leave the Thunderwolf Cavalry with such a large charge that they're left open for a counter charge or bait them into charging a sacrificial Crusader Squad potentially leaving them so far away from the rest of their army that I can counter charge them without being counter charged myself turn 2. In this scenario I actually want to go second but if I do get first turn I'll send a few pot shots up the board and stick to the plan. If I can remove the Thunderwolf Cavalry and Bjorn by the end of turn 2 without losing my own terminators and dreadnoughts I think the game will be as good as won. Bjorn will be more difficult to deal with because all the Space Wolves around him will Heroically Intervene if he's charged but there's nothing I can do about that. Actually, I could always use the Devout Push stratagem (it's used at the beginning of the Fight phase which is immediately after heroic interventions occur). I'll have to remember that for the game!

Anyway, that's the list and the plan so let me know what you think :)