Question about demons and blood thirsters specifically

They vary but not by a lot. The regular Bloodthirster box from GW already comes with 3 slightly different variants and then there's also Skarbrand.

More subtle daemons like Daemonettes, Keepers of Secrets etc. are more likely to hide their true forms outside of fights but Khorne isn't really one of those.

Edited by Panzer

I believe Bloodthirsters, as may all greater servants of the Ruinous Powers, choose by what form they enter our world and their resemblance is, in turn, altered by the deepest fears of those that encounter them. They have the appearance of terror, in all the many forms in which it may appear.

This is an unreliable narrator, of course.

So the various Bloodthirster models simply represent the most common forms that they take. The limitations there are that GW doesn't want to waste money giving us models for all of the multifarious forms that these greater daemons can take. Different individuals, cultures, and species might develop their own "deepest fears" that might influence the form that a Bloodthirster chooses to take, giving hobbyists the freedom to be creative. In all likelihood, the models simply represent variations on the most common form based on an aggregate of Humanity's "deepest fears."

Plus a giant marshmallow man might incur copyright issues :P Books and the like can be more diverse in their daemonic appearances, but I expect that more recent are more consistent for obvious reasons. As much as I like the renditions we have, alternate takes are not a bad thing :)

Is there anything you're thinking of in particular for the model, or is it only the lore aspect you're interested in?

I believe Bloodthirsters, as may all greater servants of the Ruinous Powers, choose by what form they enter our world and their resemblance is, in turn, altered by the deepest fears of those that encounter them. They have the appearance of terror, in all the many forms in which it may appear.

This is an unreliable narrator, of course.

So the various Bloodthirster models simply represent the most common forms that they take. The limitations there are that GW doesn't want to waste money giving us models for all of the multifarious forms that these greater daemons can take. Different individuals, cultures, and species might develop their own "deepest fears" that might influence the form that a Bloodthirster chooses to take, giving hobbyists the freedom to be creative. In all likelihood, the models simply represent variations on the most common form based on an aggregate of Humanity's "deepest fears."

well thats a perfect justification for the bloodthirster in my lore

Plus a giant marshmallow man might incur copyright issues :P Books and the like can be more diverse in their daemonic appearances, but I expect that more recent are more consistent for obvious reasons. As much as I like the renditions we have, alternate takes are not a bad thing :)

Is there anything you're thinking of in particular for the model, or is it only the lore aspect you're interested in?

mostly just the lore.

Some day I may choose to model my chapter's antagonists, but not today.