Tricks with Chaos Marks and Word Bearers

I am quite new to the word bearers, I’ve played around a dozen games with them and I always make everything (except my blood slaughterer of Khorne) mark of slaanesh, mostly because I want my obliterators to be slaanesh (endless cacophony) and that way I won’t forget who has which mark when it comes to interacting buffs etc. I don’t have the codex atm, I want to wait for the new one so I’ve been working off the app, but I wondered if I was missing out on any special little tricks that the word bearers can play which involve different marks and keyword interactions?

Well, I don't play WB but for my AL I refuse to mark my CSM at least, the banner of vengeance saves lives! :)

...and I guess possessed could benefit from MoK with the strategem.

Depending on which mark, you can bring a detachment of daemons with a herald, which will provide a buff for nearby daemons of that god. I forget if it’s always +1 strength, but for example heralds of Khorne provide that buff. If your WB unit is a daemon and has the proper mark (e.g. possessed), then they get that buff.

Depending on which mark, you can bring a detachment of daemons with a herald, which will provide a buff for nearby daemons of that god. I forget if it’s always +1 strength, but for example heralds of Khorne provide that buff. If your WB unit is a daemon and has the proper mark (e.g. possessed), then they get that buff.

Yeah a patrol of demons for that won't exactly break the wallet when it likely changes at a later date with new 9th ed codexes. Its something you could be enjoying now.