Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tricks with Chaos Marks and Word Bearers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Danosborne

Danosborne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
I am quite new to the word bearers, I’ve played around a dozen games with them and I always make everything (except my blood slaughterer of Khorne) mark of slaanesh, mostly because I want my obliterators to be slaanesh (endless cacophony) and that way I won’t forget who has which mark when it comes to interacting buffs etc. I don’t have the codex atm, I want to wait for the new one so I’ve been working off the app, but I wondered if I was missing out on any special little tricks that the word bearers can play which involve different marks and keyword interactions?

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,926 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Well, I don't play WB but for my AL I refuse to mark my CSM at least, the banner of vengeance saves lives! :)

...and I guess possessed could benefit from MoK with the strategem.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Khornestar

Khornestar

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,630 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Depending on which mark, you can bring a detachment of daemons with a herald, which will provide a buff for nearby daemons of that god. I forget if it’s always +1 strength, but for example heralds of Khorne provide that buff. If your WB unit is a daemon and has the proper mark (e.g. possessed), then they get that buff.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Depending on which mark, you can bring a detachment of daemons with a herald, which will provide a buff for nearby daemons of that god. I forget if it’s always +1 strength, but for example heralds of Khorne provide that buff. If your WB unit is a daemon and has the proper mark (e.g. possessed), then they get that buff.

Yeah a patrol of demons for that won't exactly break the wallet when it likely changes at a later date with new 9th ed codexes. Its something you could be enjoying now. 

• Khornestar likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users