Feelings towards the new Land Raider Points costs

I don't think a 470pts odd vehicle is better than a 265pts Land Raider though, surely. 20 wounds vs 16, with no additional survivability.

It's got the firepower of course, but man it'll die just about as easily as a Land Raider because those 4 wounds ain't going far.

I'm still getting one if plastic, by the way. It looks amazing.

It's 460, and sure that's a bit high, granted.

But at least the Spartan is good in close combat and can drive away and shoot without penalties.

It's solid on paper, just costed too high.

Edited by Ishagu

GW could produce a supplement for vehicles of all races, which includes new rules that are universal.

I could see that happening, but not until we have all the 9th ed codexes released first. Lets face it, GW got it wrong with vechicles this edition. This would be the way to fix it, would rather this way than re-buying a codex re-print. Stright data sheets and text walls, no art, pics or lore to use the page count efficently. Stright utility.

I don’t see that as the case. Vehicles sre fine. Certain vehicled have problems. But as a whole vehicles are reasonable or put another way. If vehicles were bad (as you claim). You wouldn’t take suicide units like Eradicators whose only purpose to pew pew ueavy tanks

Disagree, eradicators are still a good unit regardless of an absence of "heavy tanks". Against tougher multi wound infantry, monster type units and walkers (best MVP vehicle type of 9th) they would be still effective and worth taking. Vehicles are the major design failure of 9th ed. Every 40k edition has something that translates badly on actual application. 

MegaVolt you actually missed sometbing mentioned in a related thread. I didn’t realize apparently tanks got a +80 point tax hike this edition for atleast MBT (Leman Russes). I still think Eradicators are fine. BUT tanks (MBT (Predators, Leman Russes etc) style chassis shouldn’t be more than 130-50 WITH sponsons

MegaVolt you actually missed sometbing mentioned in a related thread. I didn’t realize apparently tanks got a +80 point tax hike this edition for atleast MBT (Leman Russes). I still think Eradicators are fine. BUT tanks (MBT (Predators, Leman Russes etc) style chassis shouldn’t be more than 130-50 WITH sponsons

I didn't know about such a pts hike hike for guard, I more noticed it when the basic rhino was 50pts or less in past editions, what 35pts in HH these days? 80+ pt rhino's are a joke. In how the battlefield turns into a Michael Bay movie set with vehicular explosions these days, I think we could use HH point values for 40k carryover vehicle variants in the SM codex. We can just tell GW that this encourages us to purchase more models and old firstborn ones at that. :biggrin.:

Volt to be fair. That isn’t bad. Remember that:

5 BolterBros = 80 Points (5 and 10)

Rhino w/SBolter x 2 = 85 Point (4 and 8)

And argueably speaking ij the day of 35 point rhinos they were too cheap (I’ve always been opanion a transport needs to be 20% cheaper than squad it is carrying. Which in fairness Rhino fails that test)

I’d be happy if the crusader got the assault ramp and I’d also be happy if most of the vehicles got something similar to the old fantasy chariot impact hits (D6 automatic hits if they charge) or even a grinding attack, say 3 automatic base strength hits in combat Edited by Knoffles