Unit of the Week: Ripper Swarms

Xenith

++Ripper Swarms++

LvLnMIE.jpg

We have a new unit of the week! This week it's some of the deadliest killers in the galaxy, the wonderful, the inexorable ripper swarms. What are you thoughts, and how best would you use these?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Hive Fleet Traits, Adaptative Physiologies and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
  • Uses in Matched, Narrative and Open Play

Over to you.

These guys are quite possibly some of the best models for getting into table quarters for engage 33pts for a unit that can deepstrike in is great, and something not every army has. Between a unit or two of these and Lictors, you can easily have 4 random units to sit in each board quarter for 140pts, leaving you with the rest of your points limit to get kiully stuff with.

I've mainly been playing small games, but taking at least ine unit of these is pretty critical to winning!

I keep thinking about the bundle of Rippers I have and sticking them on bases, they'd be super quick to paint too. For floating points Rippers are a good addition that can always find a use somewhere I think, but they are cheap and have some cheeky uses so I can see adding them on their own right also :)