1000 pts wolves vs tyrannids

lonewolf81

Upcoming game vs nids

My list

Patrol

Custom chapter :born heroes / whirlwind of rage.

HQ

155 Wolflord with jumpack (twin claws, frost weapon relic,chapter master, warlord:imperium sword, saga of hunter)

115 Runepriest with jumpack (runic stave, armour of russ, smite, psychic fortress, might of heroes)

TROOPS

110 5xintercessors (5xautobolt rifles, 1xpowerfist)

ELITES

180 1xredemptor (double gatling, 2xstorm bolters

168 5xwulfen (2xclaws,3xhammer/shield)

FAST ATTACK

15 1xcyber wolf

15 1xcyberwolf

HEAVY SUPPORT

155 3xeradicators (2xheavy melta, 1xmultimelta)

85 3xeliminators (2xlasfusil,1xcarbine on sergeant)

TACTICS

My HQs, the dreadought, the wulfen and the intercessors move to the middle, cyber wolves and eliminators camp base objectives. I sacrificed a troop squad for the "hit and run" eliminators, to try them out

Looks a nice list. One suggestion is to spend an extra CP to give the Eliminator Sergeant "Thane of the Retinue" and give him Morkai Bolts. He has BS2+ which makes him a great caddy for them and the ability to rerolls 1s really helps make your damage stick.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for the great feedback. We had to move the game and it will happen this Saturday. I'll definitely use the morkai bolts on the eliminator sergeant. I made a minor change, I dropped the fusils (I have them modelled with snipers) and used the 10 extra points to turn the frostclaws wulfen to hammer and shield. I'll let you know how it went

So we played the game and long story short, my opponent conceded 3rd turn. The 5+invu and +1 toughness on the dread was super good once again. The blender Lord was awesome too. Wulfen were good and the eliminator sergeant with the morkai bolts marked the swarm Lord and my eradicators took care of him :) All in all I didn't feel threatened at all, really strong list (although nids are struggling without a codex). Now I wanna test it against drukhari :)

Might of heroes and psychic fortress powers from the marine dex. Those combined with - 1 damage and the 13 wounds is very difficult to loose it in one turn in 1000 pts

Ah Regular Psychic powers, haven't read those yet. I keep forgetting we can take em... thanks for the heads up