Crusade: Who wants to build a Living Saint?

I don't think you'll be as awful as you think, especially at 500pts this list could shock. I would look at Righteous Rage for a WL trait on the Superior instead. The best thing about the redemption units is that when you redeem those Repentia the units they become get to use an epic deed for 0 CP. This list has a lot of growth and change potential and I like it.

I did think pretty hard about Righteous Rage- right now, rerolling wounds would have more impact than the +1 to wound I get if I lower someone's LD below 8, and rerolling hits is on top of that.

The reason I didn't is that I want the character to continue using the neural whips; I'm curious to see what I can make with a unit that isn't actually designed to be used as a warlord. There will definitely be another character who joins later that has RR, and she'll likely have a load out that's a bit more conducive. I was somewhat afraid to throw RR away when this character might not be able to become the platform the trait deserves- I can only use each WL trait once per army.

I might also change my mind once I test it- there's no doubt it would raise her profile.

You might want to double check the rules (especially for Crusade), but I am pretty sure Combat Patrol level games limit you to a single patrol detachment and nothing else. So that may limit your starting force somewhat. Of course, if your Crusade opponents don't care, then go for it. 

I converted my old Sisters Crusade using the new Codex, using our store's rules for doing so. Then I got some games in. The Order of the Vigilant Heart continues its battle against the forces of the Altarian Rift. Dogmata Emily already has 7 Saint points. Celestian Sacresent Squad 'Angels of Tardaka' managed to wipe out nearly two full squads of Intercessors in one fight phase. Sister Squad 'In the Footsteps of Saint Mina' held the line against not one but two Genestealer charges near an important objective. Canoness Rebecca killed a White Scar Chapter Master in melee combat. Retributor Squad 'The Hymns of Slaughter' destroyed two Riptides. A glorious few days on the frontlines of the Emperor's Pacification of the Altarian Rift!