Update rules about 'Rules That Count As Remaining Stationary

Meletiah

The new faq about Core Rule has been drop by Games-Workshop.

Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-40000

Here the following change:

*Page 363, Rare Rules Add the following:

Rules That Count As Remaining Stationary Some rules allow a unit to count as having Remained Stationary, or count as if it had not moved, even if that unit has moved during its Movement phase. The following rules apply to these type of rules:

1. Such rules, if they apply in the Shooting phase, mean that a unit is eligible to shoot even if it has Advanced or Fallen Back this turn.

2. Such rules, if they apply in the Shooting phase, mean that Infantry models do not suffer the penalty to hit rolls incurred for firing Heavy weapons in the same turn that their unit has moved.

3. Such rules, if they apply in the Shooting phase, mean that models do not suffer the penalty to hit rolls incurred for firing Assault weapons in the same turn that their unit has Advanced.

4. Such rules, if they apply in the Charge phase, mean that the unit is eligible to declare a charge even if it has Advanced or Fallen Back this turn.

5. Such rules mean that any other rules (abilities, Stratagems etc.) that are used or triggered when a unit Remains Stationary (e.g. Grinding Advance) can be used/are triggered.

6. Even if a Reinforcement unit is subject to such a rule, that rule has no effect on that unit in the turn they are set up on the battlefield. This means Reinforcement units always count as having moved (i.e. they never count as having Remained Stationary). Remember that this also includes Repositioned and Replacement units (pg 363).

7. Even if a Transport model is subject to such a rule, embarked models still cannot disembark from that Transport during the Movement phase if that Transport has already moved, unless that Transport (or the models embarked within it) have a rule that explicitly allows them to disembark after the Transport has moved.

8. Even if a unit is subject to such a rule, it cannot start an action if it has Advanced or Fallen Back this turn.

That mean for the Ultramarines, when our doctrine is active:

- We can still fire Assault Weapon after Advancing the unit.

- We can still charge  after Advancing the unit.

- We can still charge after retreating the unit.

and

- Our Warlord trait 'Master Strategy' and Stratagems 'Squad Doctrine' just been improve. :smile.:

I think that open a lot of possibility for the Ultramarines.

Edited by Meletiah

So...its not a buff at all but a nerf it seems because now our doctrine doesn't apply to units arriving from reserve correct? The faq seems to say that counts as stationary doesn't apply if it was set up that turn.

Agreed, something of a debuff it seems.  What a shame.

Yes it's strictly a nerf for us now, but I suspect this might change in our next supplement.

I'm basically resigned to the fact that our unique units, rules and strats are simply not up to scratch with recent books, but I'm patiently waiting for our updated book. Until then I expect us to fall behind further and any rules ammendments will not be favourable to us, most likely.

I do have AdMech and other projects to fall back on in the meantime. And I'm enjoying work on my Heavy Intercessors so there's no bad feelings.

I wish I had your optimism. The way Codex Creep has settled in with Dark Angels, Drukhari and Death Guard and then the stuff on Sisters and Adeptus Mechanicus I don't think GW cares about previous releases that are selling anyway. We'll not get a new Supplement until 10th edition.

I think this is a massive oversight. I think as usual GW didn't think of how they are accidentally overwriting a codex ability. It really stinks but it really doesn't make sense to essentially shut off our Scions of Guilliman ability on stuff coming off table edges, or drop pods, or deep strike. That's absolute stinker of a nerf and takes a chapter that is quite frankly at the bottom of the competitive pool and makes it worse.