Which is the most powerful chaos god?

You are asking for rules answers to fluff questions. The real answer is no chaos god is more powerful than the others because if they were they would have taken over long ago. They retain a balance with no need of cooperation by being equivalent.

They are all simultaneously the strongest, and the weakest.

Interesting view, considering the OP says this is specifically about TT rules, not fluff - how do you mean?

If you're talking about fluff:

Do you want to clarify? At face value, this is rather specifically not true - source material says that quite often some are in ascendancy, and stronger, while others are weaker. Khorne is generally seen as the strongest, Slaanesh the weakest, unless Slaanesh is in ascendancy. Likewise, the gods fight over Abaddon as whoever he swears allegiance to will become a lot more powerful.

While one god may dominate, their power is less than the sum of the three remaining, so there's a natural limiting factor where the other three will team up to take down the other god who threatens pre-eminence. 

Their power waxes and wanes, but time has no meaning in the warp. In any given moment they are both at their strongest, and their weakest.

It's why when Slaanesh was born, he/she/it/they had in fact always been there, amongst the pantheon.

I can respect your opinion, even if I think one may be stronger according to the meta and so on.

But I remember from back in 2008 when I was still like a child; there was a guy who pulled that argument to someone who was asking which was the best army.

and did you know what he said? he said: "who is the strongest between batman and spiderman?"

and he meant that both have their strengths and weaknesses, but neither of them is better than the other.

but, yeah, still, I cant deny that a thing such as the meta exists.... :P

You are asking for rules answers to fluff questions. The real answer is no chaos god is more powerful than the others because if they were they would have taken over long ago. They retain a balance with no need of cooperation by being equivalent.

it sounds like you are only disqualifying my topic, and saying that any discussion about which is the strongest would be redundant.

I disagree with you; and it is actually quite annoying when someone questions why I am even asking in the first place.

remember that this is a debate forum and a fully legit question asked.

it sounds like what you are saying is that this question does not have any answer meta and stats wise;

therefore it can only be answered with fluff. but thats actually just your own subjective opinion speaking.

I was clear that Im looking for an answer according to the meta and current stats of chaos, and not fluff wise. read original post again maybe?? :turned::turned:

• 4 weeks later...

to a degree there is meta but then there is always that much of these games and rules operate in a rock paper scissors method so that in one group you could dominate and another fail miserably. ie common thing to face is generally vanilla marines but with the same rules at a tournament you could purely face xenos and do completely differently to what you army is built to deal with. iv been out of the game for quite a bit but from when i left cult troops were blah and icons seemed expensive and not worth while so most often undivided was king. now thousand sons got improved massively model wise but seems they forgot fluff limits on them and to give them new constructs or such stupidly whilst nurgle went and got all the love. khorne and slanesh are still awaiting new minis like they have been since i first staarted the game and im sure when they do both will jump up the list. khone just wants fresh stuff thats super cutty whilst slannesh needs more of eveything. but then im assuming we are just talking marines and not deamons and all too? ni idea where they are game play wise.

I can respect your opinion, even if I think one may be stronger according to the meta and so on.

But I remember from back in 2008 when I was still like a child; there was a guy who pulled that argument to someone who was asking which was the best army.

and did you know what he said? he said: "who is the strongest between batman and spiderman?"

and he meant that both have their strengths and weaknesses, but neither of them is better than the other.

but, yeah, still, I cant deny that a thing such as the meta exists.... :P

it sounds like you are only disqualifying my topic, and saying that any discussion about which is the strongest would be redundant.

I disagree with you; and it is actually quite annoying when someone questions why I am even asking in the first place.

it sounds like what you are saying is that this question does not have any answer meta and stats wise;

therefore it can only be answered with fluff. but thats actually just your own subjective opinion speaking.

I was clear that Im looking for an answer according to the meta and current stats of chaos, and not fluff wise. read original post again maybe?? :turned::turned:

Fine. Nurgle. No contest at this time. Reason? Death Guard. Your question is destined to produce unsatisfying answers as it is too broad. Best meta list usually will not be mono god historically. All gods have been represented in #1 power lists at some point since the beginning of 8th. Khorne only splashed into mixed lists however so Khorne would be the weakest I suppose. I still think your question is poorly phrased.

• 4 months later...

I agree with Tychobi, the premise of the question is off.

There are no table top rules for Chaos Gods. There are only assumptions to be made based on the fluff.

If each one had a statline, determining the strongest would mean comparing numbers and special rules. The answer would come down to a percentage, like X God would win 66% of the time in a matchup against Y God, and 70% overall against any God.

But they don't. Extrapolating based on the statlines of their followers means nothing. There's no benchmark for the difference in stats between a physical manifestation of a Daemon and a Chaos God itself. I could be +1 to each stat or it could be +1,000,000. The entire range would be legitimately possible.

Recognize you're looking for answers to a question that cannot be measured and limiting responses to evidence that does not exist. Most people would see this as a trap.