Wraithknights back on the menu?

Karhedron

Tucked into the new 2021GT pack is the following:

1107692_sm-.jpeg

So it looks like we can bring along a single Wraithknight for just -1CP rather than the -3CP it costs currently. I don't think that this will suddenly make the the Wraithknight super-competitive but at least you can now take one without feeling like you are deliberately knee-capping yourself. :wink:

I dont get it - you only get the +2CP if the faction is not AELDARI, so it doesnt work for Wraithknights, as they are AELDARI.

My reading is that you can use the ASURYANI faction keyword to allow this. So we can benefit as long as we are not running Ynnari or Eldar soup.

All your units have to have at least one faction keyword in common, but it doesnt say you specifically pick what faction keyword your army uses, right?

The way I'm reading it, it specifically excludes units with the AELDARI faction keyword from benefitting. Same with Thousand Sons and knights - as they have the CHAOS keyword, they dont get the benefit.

Basically, Tau, Necrons and Orks get a 1CP super heavy. No idea why nids were blocked from this. 

If it said:

"...+2 command points if the unit in this detachment is not your WARLORD but shares a Faction with your WARLORD other than IMPERIUM, CHAOS, AELDARI, YNNARI or TYRANIDS"

Then it would work for ASURYANI or SPIRIT HOST models. 

Currently it specifically excludes models with the AELDARI faction. 

I assume this is not RAI, but it seems to be RAW

Edit Edit:

I really hope it's just me misunderstanding some aspect of the faction/keyword rules, I'd be really happy to be mistaken on this!

Edited by Xenith

If your warlord and the unit in the Super Heavy Auxillary have one FACTION Keyword in common this works other than the main one. Ultramarines, Thousand sons, Ulthwé, Leviathan etc etc all work because they're a common Faction trait that is not Chaos, Tyranid etc.

The concept is super simple but as per usual it's GW horrible wording :biggrin.:

My read is the same as some others here

Super Heavy and warlord must be the same faction, but that faction keyword cant be Aeldari 

So basically if you are creating you army across books you dont get this bonus.

• 1 month later...

2 Starcannons and 2 Heavy Wraithcannons is probably the best loadout. It is a bit fragile without an Invulnerable save but the Suncannon is just so weak as to be almost auto-avoid.

Casting Fortune on it for a 5+++ will go some way to making it a bit more durable. Melta will still eat him for breakfast so try to avoid heavy retaliation wherever possible. Screen where possible to stop the opponent dropping in units with melta near him. Also target your opponent's anti-tank as a priority. Best use him on a flank so units on your opponent's other flank cannot target him easily. Move up and charge at the earliest opportunity as you will need to leverage both his firepower and melee ability to get the value out of him.

Personally, I prefer a pair of Fire Prisms for anti-tank work, especially in 9th now that they can move and fire without penalty.