Dexcessa Model Size, for conversion purposes

Hello there!

I've decided to post a few photos here comparing model size for those interested in picking up the new Slaaneshii Twins for the purpose of converting them for use in 40k.

The photos are unfortunately a little bit potato in quality, but should give a general idea of size when it comes to larger/equivalent models, I have also included Dexcessa poised on a 130mm base for reasons.

j3c61fr2qj371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

pny8z732qj371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

w9rmezezpj371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

46u5c80vpj371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

90muw3uppj371.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Thanks, I had been wondering about these - as I thought they're a bit smaller than the KoS but the "extras" compensate well so they'll make great alternatives :D I am holding out for them hopefully coming to 40k (my wallet disagrees), which feels like all but a certainty but I suppose we need to wait for the Daemons codex whenever that arrives? Keep us updated on your progress :tu:

If they ever do migrate into 40k I do hope their stats are a bit better than their AOS equivalents. However if they don't I don't mind either.

I'm definitely going to use the twins as alternatives as I like the look and cost a bit better. Now begins the long wait for them to restock.

Edit: After research I found out that Dexcessa is about the same height as Zarakynel from Forgeworld (6.5 inches from hoof to left hand fingertip) and comes with the same size base. Might use some spare wing bits and convert an actual keeper into Zarakynel.

Edited by Irate Khornate

Zarakynel is smaller than you think, it's mostly the pose that adds size like with how Be'lakor's wings do most of the size for him. As for rules I think Greater Daemons could do with a boost, the Exalted stuff helps but I'd prefer a more complete solution to help them out. I guess we'll find out if or when they come to 40k, I certainly hope so as they're great models. Not that I need yet more HQ choices, but isn't that how it always goes? :laugh.::sweat:

Yeah, would be a small change but a big difference. I don't see how it can't be justified as normal ones get a 5++ so why can't a fancier daemon do better? Otherwise it's often sad face time whenever your opponent brings some AT worth a damn. Which is, of course, every game :laugh.: I'd prefer that over them getting cheaper to compensate for squishiness as they're Greater Daemons, not Middling Daemons and should be good.

Oh well, maybe one day. At least they look cool :wink: We can lament over rules all day, what about some close up pictures to show us more and what you've done?

Buffs are of course always nice but considering that Greater Daemon spam is basically the go-to competetive list, at least for Slaanesh, I don't think buffing them even further is the smart move balance wise.

I wonder how much of that spam is due to their lack of durability. Saturation goes far here, but for those of us who don't want to spam and want more rounded lists having them blatted off the board sharpish isn't fun. They feel like the "Chapter Master" analogue - should be powerful but not common.

That's probably part of the reason for the spam but by the nature of competetive gaming buffs wouldn't decrease the spam but rather increase it.

And I agree with your Chapter Master comparison. Having more than one Greater Daemon in your list should be a huge deal.

Unfortunately so! GW have been adding some limits on choices recently so you never know, perhaps such a change could come? Especially as my wallet also agrees that GDs should be a bigger deal in a list, and we are rarely in agreement when it comes to 40k :laugh.::wink: Plus it would give more room to new additions such as these, if they don't have to compete as much?

Getting into different territory now, so I'll be waiting for more model updates instead :tongue.: As much as my wallet doesn't want them to come to 40k :wink:

Yeah, would be a small change but a big difference. I don't see how it can't be justified as normal ones get a 5++ so why can't a fancier daemon do better? Otherwise it's often sad face time whenever your opponent brings some AT worth a damn. Which is, of course, every game :laugh.: I'd prefer that over them getting cheaper to compensate for squishiness as they're Greater Daemons, not Middling Daemons and should be good.

This is how I shall think of them henceforth.

“Behold Bloodmiffed, my middling daemon of khorne. Yes, he’s the insensate peeve variant.”

This is how I shall think of them henceforth.

“Behold Bloodmiffed, my middling daemon of khorne. Yes, he’s the insensate peeve variant.”

"I damn you to an eternity in Heck" [/Dilbert]

Greater Daemons are pretty common though. There are more Bloodthirsters than Adeptus Custodes. Its only the Exalted Greater Daemons that are rare. Angron has 12 Bloodthirsters as a body guard, multiple Greater Daemons and a Daemon Primarch is a fluffy army.

Daemon Princes are way rarer than Greater Daemons but used to be spammed all the time. The 4th ed 'Heavy Support slot daemon prince' rule made no sense and confused a lot of people.

A Greater Daemon is just a regular Daemon general, the equivilant of a Captain not a Chapter Master. Because there's no rank between Greater Daemon and Chaos God there's a big continuum of rank within the Greater Daemons. Ku'Gath was Nurgle's commander in a large warzone during the Ultramar campaign but his lieutenants were also all Great Unclean Ones.

If Soul Grinders were worth spamming we could see Daemon target saturation. They could also add in more Heavy Support Daemon engines for the faction.

A Greater Daemon is just a regular Daemon general, the equivilant of a Captain not a Chapter Master. 

This sounds more accurate for a Herald though.

Custodes aren't a very good comparison given they're a force of peers, but we're talking about how common they could be for an army rather than overall. Not to mention talking about what we'd like to see, not what is currently done :tongue.: I think it has been a rare occurrence when the top performing lists reflected lore :laugh.::wink:

A Greater Daemon is just a regular Daemon general, the equivilant of a Captain not a Chapter Master. 

This sounds more accurate for a Herald though.

Heralds used to be 2/4 for 1 HQ slot in 4th/6th ed. They were introduced because 6th ed Warhammer Fantasy didn't give a Lord slot until you reached 2k points and it would be weird if daemons were the only army that didn't get anything to put in their hero slots. So they were never standard generals, existed because Daemons are a fantasy army in 40k and were basically lieutenants at when marines didn't get them.