All Infantry Praetorians 2k

Galron

This has been a long term project I started early in 8th and just gradually started adding to it with cheap used cadian buys off ebay and 3rd party pith helmet heads. Now that I have a full battalion and am starting work on the second battalion which is actually built at this point but not painted I can actually start on a list that might see the table. I have seen some lists and am lost at how you can have firepower and still have 200+ dudes on the board. I am going with 2 battalions with 6 squads each, plus 3 vet squads, plus heavy weapon squads and I am short on bodies still. Ill explain the list after

300th  Black Stream Guard

Wilderness Survivors-They grew up in gang land, they know how to use terrain despite their stupidly bright uniforms

Disciplined Shooters

Lord Inquisitor Hector Rex

1st Batt

Company Commander-Power Sword

Lord Commissar- bolt pistol, commissar

Primaris Psyker(haven't picked powers)

6x Infantry Squads plasma gun, lascannon team

Vet Squad 3 grenade launchers, missile launcher team- Objective sitter

2x Vet Squads with 3 plasma guns. sgt with powersword

Astropath(no powers chosen yet)

Platoon Commander power sword

2x Heavy Weapon Squads 3 autocannons

1x Heavy Weapon Squad 3 Lascannons

2nd Batt

Commissar Yarrick(needed to spend the points, running out of slots)

Company Commander Power Sword, The Dagger of Tu'Sakh(goes with a plasma vet team)

Company Commander WL Power Sword; Laurals of Command + WLT:Grand Stratagist

6x Infantry Squads Power Sword + Flamer

Astropath

Master Of Ordinance

3x Special Weapons squads 3 flamers each

If I remember right there is a way to reserve a squad and have it come in from a flank. If correct, the plasma vet +dagger leader and his plasma vets will outflank and light something or two up.

The second battalion is the storm battalion, their job is to move to the middle of the table and take and hold objectives using the special weapons teams in front to drop flamers on whoever is sitting on them. Meanwhile first batt sits back and shoots its 6 lascannons + heavy weapons squads at things, hopefully knocking out big things. I am still 3 points short of 2k but close enough.

Its got that good mass of bodies that I love! I would probably swap the autocannons for mortars, your space will be pretty limited and being able to just have a squad off on the corner is nice too for deep strike denial. Or maybe Missiles or more lascannon for tank killing stuff, but there's a lot of las in the troops. The stratigem for +1 to it and wound only works for heavy weapon teams so having an alternate if that one gets taken out can be useful. Do you have any more junior officers? dropping yarrick to a lord commissar and adding in some JO or command squad could help. Yarrick has been a point sink every time Ive used him and simply dies last. An assassin wouldn't go amiss either from the second battalion.

Do you have any FW stuff? like a earthshaker battery? That's prob a little too much for a stealth regiment, but maybe some heavy mortars? Whys the master of ordinance there too, isn't his bonus to basilisks?

Edited by Commisar Necros

Im maxed out on elite slots. The Master of Ordinance does an artillery barrage for 35 points. Its an easy swap for a platoon officer. Doing that swap, ditching yarrick, a special weapons team, and an autocannon team. I forget which aftermarket company makes cheap heavy mortars.

I count 5 elites per battalion, but you can have 6, unless I'm miscounting.

Anvil I think Anvil or Victoria,I forget one of em for the mortars. Ive been debating them myself so let me know i you get em.

Overall I'm not a fan of the one shot weapons, and 35 points for one is a little expensive for the master.

I think as it is its pretty solid, so just some playtesting is needed. Have these guys seen the table this edition with lockdowns and all?

6 eh, I thought you could only have 5 in a battalion. I ordered 3 siege mortars from Kromlech.

Unfortunately no. I have only had 2 games of 9th so far and they were with my necrons and Fire Angel(ultra) marines. Hoping to change that. My closest store supposedly is going to open up gaming this summer. Ill have to divide my time though, picked up a new hobby of kayak fishing during the lockdown and have been doing that in place of my Saturday gaming lol

Nice let me know how they come out. One of the GS projects I've set myself is to make some, but if those are good save some time.

Ya 6 elites per battalion. Got some space in there for some junior officers or whatever else. I've barely gotten to start playing games since my friends got vaccinated and we play in their garage. Its good to get some mini's made up but rewarding to play. In any case I think you got yourself an army there, so GL.