Some Black (purple?) Legion!

I painted all these guys back in January (which was a really :cussty month where I live) and wasn't really feeling the paint scheme.  However since looking at them again today I'm very satisfied.  

This is going to be a black legion army starting with tzeentch themed units.  Sorcerers, rubcrics, CSMs, MoP, greater possessed, and a hell turkey(not finished).  I wanted a purplish scheme with gold trim that was fairly close to black in the dark areas but clearly purple on the highlights.  

Gameplay wise I'm not thinking too much about competitiveness since there is no codex and no one really has any clue what is coming.  We could get a bog standard codex similiar to DG/TS or perhaps something no one could have predicted.  Who knows.  So I'm going to play it safe and just paint what I am currently liking... tzeentch, daemon engines, rubrics.  I also wanted an army that could fill in as Tsons or Black Legion using this off beat colour scheme.  To this end I'm seriously considering making BL my main chaos army and painting it such that it can easily fill in as World Eaters, Tsons, or whoever just under the Warmaster's command :biggrin.:

CBAPjlC.jpg

The Kingbreaker!

8LUjl3X.jpg

looks nice :) yeah, I used to be a very competitive player,

but then I noticed that being a player that is fun to play against is almost more status.

than winning all the time. this isnt just me trying to be fair, but this is what my warhammer community

in the entire town actually looks like.

Yeah that's a nice unique colour scheme that looks evil but not gaudy, well done :thumbsup: what's the recipe for the purple?

50:50 mix of VGC Royal Purple + Mecha Black.

Airbrush highlight with GW Xeres Purple

Airbrush highlight with GW Xeres Purple+a bit of white

Entire model washed with Mr Hobby Multiblack 

Yeah I think you are on to something with this scheme for TS. Try doing black and red on all the crests like the sorc champ (?) with the axe. That would make them stand out even more.

Sorcerer champ?  You gotta read The Talon of Horus. ><