Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vindicare assassin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheUnlikelyGamer84

TheUnlikelyGamer84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
I plan on adding a vindicare to my army. Is the stratagem “priority threat neutralized” limited to once per phase? In theory if I use the “double kill” stratagem and kill two characters I could use it to generate 2-3cp.

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts
Unless you have a rule specifically saying otherwise, all strats are limited to once per phase. The most common exception you'd see would go in another direction, limiting the use further to once per game.

Pretty sure nothing like that exists for this one though.
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,059 posts
Not only is the stratagem once per phase but the matched play rules limiting you to generating only 1 bonus CP per turn so there would be no point in playing it, even if it were allowed.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts

Not only is the stratagem once per phase but the matched play rules limiting you to generating only 1 bonus CP per turn so there would be no point in playing it, even if it were allowed.

There's an exception for certain strategems I think, should be in the rare rules. So you can get your D3 CP from this.
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,125 posts

As per above, 'passive' CP recovery is one per turn, but things like stratagems which return CP are not bound by this. 

OP, it's in the core rules that stratagems are one use per phase. 

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users