Theory-crafting: What do you want for a EC codex?

Lord_Ikka

I would love some sort of jump pack unit with swords, maybe some special sonic pistol if they want to do something with that. I like jump packs.

Noise marines and some terminator unit of course would be great.

While EC are in a bit of a limbo, I'm reluctant to begin a force, so I've been sticking to Word Bearers and Black Legion for now.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 2 weeks later...

Noise marines

Sonic dreadnought

Unique sonic demon vehicle

40k versions of Palatine Blades. The EC were the best swordsmen of all the original legions. We need a unique melee option for EC and the Palatine Blades were the best of the best.

40k versions of Phoenix terminators. 

New Lucius the Eternal model with actual good rules for him

Noise marine version of Havok squad so heavy weapon sonic team

Noise marines

Sonic dreadnought

Unique sonic demon vehicle

40k versions of Palatine Blades. The EC were the best swordsmen of all the original legions. We need a unique melee option for EC and the Palatine Blades were the best of the best.

40k versions of Phoenix terminators. 

New Lucius the Eternal model with actual good rules for him

Noise marine version of Havok squad so heavy weapon sonic team

true dat. noise marines is a must-have for emc codex.

its cancer and a money leech to first buy chaos space marines and then the conversion kit

for playing noise marines. something must be donnne.

by the way, when do you guys think a possible EMC codex would be released?

my friend at the club said that he thought it would be released in 3-5 years or so.

he said "When GW says something is in the making now, it usually means like 'now, in 3+ years'."

my friend at the club said that he thought it would be released in 3-5 years or so.

For all we know, anywhere from 1 to 5+ years. There's not a lot of precedent to go off; TS came in Q4 2016 and DG came in Q3 2017. If World Eaters come in mid-2022 (just pulling a date out of thin air) we'll have been waiting 5 years between cult releases. A release of DG's size takes at least 2.5 years to design. All we can hope is that GW don't decide to make us wait another half a decade after World Eaters, if the rumours are right and they're coming first, because that could mean we're still c. 7 years or more away. :sad.:

Wish they'd at least get Noise Marines out of the way.

Edited by Marshal Loss

For all we know, anywhere from 1 to 5+ years. There's not a lot of precedent to go off; TS came in Q4 2016 and DG came in Q3 2017. If World Eaters come in mid-2022 (just pulling a date out of thin air) we'll have been waiting 5 years between cult releases. A release of DG's size takes at least 2.5 years to design. All we can hope is that GW don't decide to make us wait another half a decade after World Eaters, if the rumours are right and they're coming first, because that could mean we're still c. 7 years or more away. :sad.:

Wish they'd at least get Noise Marines out of the way.

i doubt that it will come out anytime soon, kinda like the closest year, but lets pray and pray that it doesnt take far too long. :)

noise marines wouldnt probably be impossible to see a released kit, I would be sooo hyped for that :D :D hahahahahh.