Heavy Intercessors Instruction errors

I was building through my first Heavy Intercessor kit last night and was having the WORST time trying to get some of the arms/guns to fit on two of the models.  They just looked...wrong. 

The numbers on the instructions were a little confusing so after a while I started looking more carefully and it turns out that they actually had the wrong numbers for 2 of the arms, which I only figured out after a total nightmare assembly.

So, I tore apart my bad work, and tried reassembling them with the correct (and unlabelled!) arms, and while they look better now, the contact points were pretty junked with glue despite my best efforts to clean, and they will never fit totally correctly.

Probably not a big deal for some folks, but this really annoyed me.

I will totally own my many, many, dumb user errors when when assembling models; it's part of the hobby, but it sort of grinds my gears when I make a mistake that was made by following incorrect instructions that were provided and now I have two out of five expensive damaged models that I'll never feel great about.

Just wanted to vent.

I ran into exactly the same problems. Step 10b really tripped me up, with a misprint in the instructions of two #39 arms. I couldn't find a left-arm among those remaining on the sprues that fit right so had to get janky. Aligning the power cables on the heavy bolter was also a chore and still doesn't feel quite right.

Just for reference, the correct arms for the two that are labelled "39" that are supposed to attach to boltgun #45 are actually arms 46 and 47. 

In case that helps.

Thanks. Also, FML.

Not the same kit but I found the parts in the Adeptus Mechanicus Marshal were numbered incorrectly in the instructions. There's only about 8 parts in that kit so it's hard to get it wrong but there seems to be a lack of proof readers working on instructions right now.

I was building through my first Heavy Intercessor kit last night and was having the WORST time trying to get some of the arms/guns to fit on two of the models.  They just looked...wrong. 

The numbers on the instructions were a little confusing so after a while I started looking more carefully and it turns out that they actually had the wrong numbers for 2 of the arms, which I only figured out after a total nightmare assembly.

So, I tore apart my bad work, and tried reassembling them with the correct (and unlabelled!) arms, and while they look better now, the contact points were pretty junked with glue despite my best efforts to clean, and they will never fit totally correctly.

Probably not a big deal for some folks, but this really annoyed me.

I will totally own my many, many, dumb user errors when when assembling models; it's part of the hobby, but it sort of grinds my gears when I make a mistake that was made by following incorrect instructions that were provided and now I have two out of five expensive damaged models that I'll never feel great about.

Just wanted to vent.

Yeah man that sucks bad. I’ll be wary about buying some Heavy Intercessors now.

*Lights beacon for mod summons*

Could we get a pinned mega thread for 40k assembly instructions corrections? There are a lot of kits with problems like this, would be nice to have a singular reference point. I don't think its as problematic as hosting the full instructions as uploads ?

*Lights beacon for mod summons*

Could we get a pinned mega thread for 40k assembly instructions corrections? There are a lot of kits with problems like this, would be nice to have a singular reference point. I don't think its as problematic as hosting the full instructions as uploads ?

This would be brilliant, honestly.