Warsuit Combat Patrol

For a patrol I can ally for the warsuits what do you recommend for the heaviest hitting ?

Bloody Rose for Melee, argent shroud for shooting. Keep in mind you will not be getting any miracle dice with allied Sororitas. They're core so Canoness, Palantine, or Morvenn all buff them.

Edited by Blurf

Yep- In fact, if you have someone with the Indomitable Belief WL trait and a Priest with the Litany of Enduring Faith close enough, you can drop it to 4+.

Worried about needing 2 aura characters? No problem; use the Heroine in the Making strat to give your priest the WL trait. (They may have renamed the strat for 9th)

The Trait is always on; the Hymn needs a 3+ to activate.

I am also surprised that there is no day 1 FAQ regarding the damage reduction to 0 with D1 weaponry. That codex is out since a while now...

Anyways. Got my warsuits now. XD

Building morvenn vahl now.

I think I will equip them with macrs because I like the look of them. An then I'll see if I can magnetize the main guns.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

I am also surprised that there is no day 1 FAQ regarding the damage reduction to 0 with D1 weaponry. That codex is out since a while now...

The official app has it fixed:

> Each time an attack is allocated to a model in this unit, subtract 1 from the Damage characteristic of that attack (to a minimum of 1).

> Each time an attack is allocated to a model in this unit, subtract 1 from the Damage characteristic of that attack (to a minimum of 1).

Thx for the info. I find it weird that the app overwrites the codex and mean while no FAQ has been released yet even though it is clearly an oversight. This would imply the app would be mandatory now? XD

Unfortunately the armour st Katherine still grants immunity to 1 damage.

Well, I am never taking warsuits again. Just lost 250 pts worth to one round of shooting from dark angels Hellblasters, round 1. Just dang. They didn't kill a single model in their shooting phase. :(

Well, I am never taking warsuits again. Just lost 250 pts worth to one round of shooting from dark angels Hellblasters, round 1. Just dang. They didn't kill a single model in their shooting phase. :(

Paragons can be good, but there's just a lot of units out there that easily counter them. I've run them twice. The first time they broke even and absorbed a lot of fire power but I was rolling crazy good saves for them. The second time I ran them up a weak flank away from my opponents Eradicators. They absolutely wrecked face, killing Gravis Intercessors and a Terminator Assault Squad, but my opponents list wasn't great and he didn't really have an answer for them where most regular opponents will.

At their current point cost they're really a rule of cool unit rather than a competitive choice. The unit probably needs to drop by 25-30 points to be interesting. They also compete with Mortifier and Penitent Engines who do the same thing better/cheaper.

I'm really thinking that using them as a ranged support early game, with heavy bolters, and then a bully unit late game once the major ranged threats have been depleted will be about the best role for paragons.  Presenting them as a major threat AND opportune target for their range just makes your opponent orders of magnitude more likely to target them with things that can punish them efficiently.  I see a lot of people wanting to play the rush and trade game, but high priced units where half that cost is built into defense are terrible for that role.  If you want to rock something like MM paragons, it may be better to bite the CP and outflank them, sit on them for a couple of turns to give you an opportunity to flatten some of their natural predators before giving them a field they can better shine on.

I used my Warsuits in a 500 point game. They were very effective. 3 equipped with storm bolters, heavy flamers, and swords. Played against scions. The Flamers tore through the infantry and did some good damage to his Taurox as well, especially utilizing the Ebon Chalice strat for MW with flamers. Their shooting can do some damage against light infantry even before they get into melee range. 

I used my Warsuits in a 500 point game. They were very effective. 3 equipped with storm bolters, heavy flamers, and swords. Played against scions. The Flamers tore through the infantry and did some good damage to his Taurox as well, especially utilizing the Ebon Chalice strat for MW with flamers. Their shooting can do some damage against light infantry even before they get into melee range. 

What was the scions load out? 

Scions seem to me like they would be exceptionally dangerous towards these guys, lots of plasma and melta

Edited by Beams

What was the scions load out? 

Scions seem to me like they would be exceptionally dangerous towards these guys, lots of plasma and melta

4-5 squads total. 1 had a couple meltas, 1 had volley guns, the rest had plasma. Also a Taurox prime with the gatling cannon. That destroyed a 10-women squad on his first turn. 

The meltas were in the taurox and I was able to blow it up and then charge them before they could shoot. The plasma did some damage. I only had one Paragon left at the end, but he never had the chance to focus fire them down with the plasmaguns. 

The whole game was a bloodbath. I tabled him with only a warsuit and my Palatine left. He narrowly won though due to better playing to the primary objectives early on.