Proteus Killteams

Trollbeard

Hey guys, I have a mostly firstborn DW army, so make use of Proteus Killteams mostly. I’m wondering what have been some good load outs you’ve been finding?

I have recently been using a KT with 3 IHB, a BS w/ dual LC, and Sargent with. LC/bolt gun, and then 5x SS/bolt gun vets, and I quite like it. The combination of the heavy flamer for overwatch and then the amount of lightning claw attacks the BS and Sargent get makes them quite hard to lock into combat.

Other then that I’m struggling to find effective KT compositions in this ever changing meta.

What have been some standout load outs for you guys?

Mostly my vet teams are like this:

- Sarge with Thunder Hammer.

- 4x Vets with Storm Shields / SIA Bolter 

From there, I can put in Terminators (for extra durability + to let them teleport), bikes (to help with daisy chaining) or VVs (for melta.)

As for what's effective, dunno. Still waiting for lockdowns to end. Look at DeathwatchSH's lists, he's starting to think about Proteus Kill Teams.

In all honesty past character based choices it depends what you want the unit to do, personally I run mine with power fist sargents and storm shields as well for the most part, I do however heavily rate the infernus heavy Bolter for 35 points on a vets squad loaded out with 4  and either sitting back board with a few extra bodies for wounds using stalkers or up close in a corvus with shields, being able to fire both profiles makes them a threat at close range that you can’t ignore.