1500 point league

So were going to start a league with my group, and I want to run my list past some fellow guardsmen to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. Played a list similar to this one the other day, and it went well, but had another 500 points of infantry and another assassin  to back it up then. Opponents are going to be a couple ork players, couple chaos, and a marine,dark eldar, and I think admech, so the opponents are all over the board. So anyways, the plan.

Mortars sit on the back field/cover back objective and assist the tank commanders in giving support and deep strike screen. Special weapons squads and sentinels grab objectives or tie up enemy units. Infantry form a second wave going to objectives or form a back up fire line. The strategist and aquillia should let me spam rerolls and strats and the assassin should let me kill any murder machines that my opponents field before they get to my line, or any psyker BS.

So my main questions;

Is tank ace worth it? I plan on using the orders to do the max battlecannon shots, but a second order giving rerolls, or a 2+ save would be nice. Has anyone had luck with these?

Sentinels, Ive been using as cheap suicide units to grab an objective, or charge a mean transport/tank that wanders too close and tie it up. Been keeping them multi lasers to keep em cheap, but heavy flamers could make them a threat.

And then do I need more bodies? Special weapons squads have usually got one good shot and then disappear. Maybe an infantry squad with single flamer would work the same, but better?

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [80 PL, 11CP, 1,499pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Cadian

+ Stratagems +

Imperial Commander's Armoury [-1CP]: 1 additional Heirloom of Conquest

+ Agents of the Imperium +

Vindicare Assassin [5 PL, 100pts]

+ HQ +

Tank Commander [12 PL, 235pts]: Augur array, Battle Cannon, Display Tank Orders, Lascannon, Warlord, WT: Grand Strategist
. 2 Heavy Bolters

Tank Commander [12 PL, 240pts]: Augur array, Battle Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Lascannon
. 2 Heavy Bolters

Tank Commander [12 PL, 240pts]: Augur array, Battle Cannon, Heavy Stubber, Lascannon
. 2 Heavy Bolters

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 60pts]
. 8x Guardsman: 8x Lasgun
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher
. Sergeant: Laspistol

+ Elites +

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 27pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Relic: Kurov's Aquila

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 25pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol, Relic: The Laurels of Command

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 25pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Special Weapons Squad [2 PL, 49pts]
. 3x Guardsman: 3x Lasgun
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels [3 PL, 35pts]
. Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser

Scout Sentinels [3 PL, 35pts]
. Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 50pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

++ Total: [80 PL, 11CP, 1,499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Seems pretty solid to me. I'm not sure on the Flamer special squads, could you give them plasma instead, for insurance against MEQs? Otherwise I do personally feel it's good to upgrade Sentinels to better weapons, autocannons are pretty cheap and do well against stuff like Dark Eldar boats, and with Orks being T5 weigh in compared to heavy bolters. I might even go full plasma on the specials, I find melta to be so hit or miss. But you're definitely on to something, seems like a really solid Guard list!

The flamer units are residuals from old editions. One of my first projects when I finish all the crap Ive had to do these last weeks around the house is to 3d print some plasma guns to replace the grenade launchers in the squads. Had the thing for 2 weeks and haven't even had time to get it out of the box...

The flamers and meltas stay just cause of what they done before, betting for future performance. 3 meltas with some re-rolls can be devastating hiding in the gun line and popping out. The flamers Ive used as an over watch screen against ork charges, but with that t5 coming up, they'll prob get replaced with plasma too. Or I may just replace all the SW squads for infantry and just spam lasguns until I can get the plasma.

Thanks for the advice.