[DA] Help me finish this unconventional list

Arbiter7

Greetings generals!

I'm returning to the hobby after many years and doing it mostly because I enjoy the new sculpts - GW for all its faults is really amazing on this front. 

Indomitus means I got plenty of marines to start with and am contemplating next purchases. The unconventional aspect is that I am here to have fun and enjoy my models so I've gone for a Primaris-only Dark Angels force (I am very sorry but have no old marines to use and they simply look terrible and bring me back 20 years so no thank you. Sorry chaps personal opinion.).

So the idea is to have a force whose centre is two Bladeguard blobs, as I love them so much and they got perma transhuman, supported by two redemptor dreads and a chief apothecary with selfless healer, led by a Librarian with Rites of War and the psychic power that takes away obsec from the enemy. So it's kinda like Primaris Deathwing core, without terminators. Please don't tell me to field terminators instead, that's not what this thread is about. 

I was thinking about the rest of the list to involve some chaff in the form of maybe assault intercessors with plasma pistols and a power fist (bait - I don't expect them to do much), footslogging next to (or in front of) the Bladeguard (operation human shield - or should I say transhuman), to draw the opponent into removing them and thus take away some of the flak from the already hard to shift Bladeguard. This might be overkill and thus could potentially be replaced with simple intercessors or maybe a unit of infiltrators or two (please say so in the comments).

I also want to use plasmaceptors as they are good, work well with a captain (Lazarus) and come with the DA Combat Patrol which is such a great buy (I'm planning on two of those for up to 6 plasmaceptors).

So far, it looks like this:

HQ:

Lazarus

Librarian, Rites of War, Engulfing Fear, Righteous Repugnance

Troops: 

2xAssault Intercessors, PF, Plasma Pistol (or insert other intercessor/infiltrator unit)

1xStalker Bolter Intercessors (Backfield)

Elites:

5 Bladuguard, Plasma pistol sarge

5 Bladuguard, Plasma pistol sarge

Primaris Apothecary (Chief, Selfless Healer)

2 x pimped up Redemptors

Fast Attack:

5 Plasmaceptors

This clocks to about 1670 points so I got another 330 to play around with (a bit more if I drop some of the fluffy plasma pistols or powerfists). 

So over to you, how best to round this list up ? 

Eradicators?

Eliminators?

Justiciar for strike last?

Bladeguard Ancient with Pennant?

Hellblasters?

techmarine to support the dreds?

Repulsors to taxi the Bladeguard (and ditch the apothecary perhaps?)

Something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jolemai
Title

I say its pretty solid. Maybe another redemptor and a small troop choice? I would say keep the apothecary. Your model count will be low and bringing people back can be annoying as someone who had to kill them. The only other thing I would say is some more anti tank, but I dont think you can ever have too much of that.

Based on what I'm seeing, it's a very good start to a list. Let's optimise it a bit. 

First of all, having a Bladeguard Ancient with 10 Bladeguard with pennant and the apothecary is a staple. Take him. Your last option, I'd consider, ironically 5 x aggressors. Can be good in melee in a pinch with re-rolls, very decent shooting if you employ brilliant strategist. Also with Drukhari/DG poxwalkers running around, they are your answers to those issues. Watch your DG/Drukhari player cry himself to sleep if you drop both his blobs T1 with the firestorm of aggressors. If you are going this path, drop the librarian and include a primaris chaplain with catechism of fire and litany of faith. A Lt on top of this with a Heavensfall blade could also be a valid option if you replace the plasmaceptors with the hellblasters. Lo and behold you got a very good list that excels in both melee and shooting.

A note, despite this being a greenwing list, you absolutely 100% need Azrael for his 4+ invuln bubble and CM re-rolls. Of course you can update a primaris captain to be a chapter master, but even in a full primaris list, there is no way you are going to go far without Azrael. Find the points to include him. 

I say its pretty solid. Maybe another redemptor and a small troop choice? I would say keep the apothecary. Your model count will be low and bringing people back can be annoying as someone who had to kill them. The only other thing I would say is some more anti tank, but I dont think you can ever have too much of that.

Fab. What sort of anti-tank would fit well in this footslogging list? 2 units of eradicators ? a third redemptor?

Based on what I'm seeing, it's a very good start to a list. Let's optimise it a bit. 

First of all, having a Bladeguard Ancient with 10 Bladeguard with pennant and the apothecary is a staple. Take him. Your last option, I'd consider, ironically 5 x aggressors. Can be good in melee in a pinch with re-rolls, very decent shooting if you employ brilliant strategist. Also with Drukhari/DG poxwalkers running around, they are your answers to those issues. Watch your DG/Drukhari player cry himself to sleep if you drop both his blobs T1 with the firestorm of aggressors. If you are going this path, drop the librarian and include a primaris chaplain with catechism of fire and litany of faith. A Lt on top of this with a Heavensfall blade could also be a valid option if you replace the plasmaceptors with the hellblasters. Lo and behold you got a very good list that excels in both melee and shooting.

A note, despite this being a greenwing list, you absolutely 100% need Azrael for his 4+ invuln bubble and CM re-rolls. Of course you can update a primaris captain to be a chapter master, but even in a full primaris list, there is no way you are going to go far without Azrael. Find the points to include him. 

I like this suggestion very much as I love the Aggressor models and also have a kit bashed rubicon'd Azrael. But what about anti-tank? Will the plasma on the redemptors and the plasmaceptors be enough do you think? 

Very glad both of you feel its viable! 

Edited by Arbiter7

I like this suggestion very much as I love the Aggressor models and also have a kit bashed rubicon'd Azrael. But what about anti-tank? Will the plasma on the redemptors and the plasmaceptors be enough do you think? 

Very glad both of you feel its viable! 

Seeing how you have 2 x redemptors + hellblasters/inceptors you are going to be relying on WOTDA to get through that. For that reason, anti-tank for us will be secondary to plasma in most cases. When that fails, you have two Redemptors fists to deal with it. In melee, between the redemptors, azrael, aggresors, bladeguard and potentially Lt, you'll deal with it easily enough. That being said, my meta is different to yours, and aside from Mortarion your mileage might vary. With regards to AdMech - from what I seen most will be running horde style lists, and aggressors/hellblasters will deal through that easily enough. Even accounting for the AdMech vehicles, none of them are above T7, meaning you'll always be wounding them on 3's. Just keep the hellblasters/inceptors next to Azrael/Apothecary at all times.

Edited by Skywrath

Skywraths got it I think. 5 aggressors will give AT punch in combat and horde clearing on the way. I dont know the DA special's, but Azrael sounds like a good choice. I play against alot of poxwalkers so having something to kill that swarm is a must.

Azrael has an aura that gives core units and bikers a 4+ invuln against ranged attacks. That's why he's still an auto-include :)

Since Lazarus is on foot why not go with Hellblasters instead of Plasma inceptors? Lazarus will hardly keep up with them limiting their mobility. A squad of Hellblasters with Assault Plasma incinerators at 10-man is 330 pts for 30x shots. Add in Weapons from the Dark Age and their is a huge damage potential. Or you could have him support Heavy Plasma Incinerators for a big anti-tank unit.

I think you want a Captain with two Warlord traits supporting your Bladeguard, he can be firstborne with a Jump Pack or on a Bike if you want to take Impulsors. Fury of the Lion and Decisive Tactician are great Traits. This will allow your Librarian to be promoted to Chief Librarian and take Psychic Mastery, that +1 to cast can be vital to get those powers off.

I wouldn’t bother with Stalker Bolt Rifles. The Regular Bolt Rifle is better for that second shot.

A Bladeguard Ancient will be really good giving all your Bladeguard +1 to hit, allowing them to stay on the move. The Penant of Rememberance would be great on him as well to reduce damage to a Bladeguard unit by 1. If you reduce to 1 Bladeguard unit and take Aggressors that choice is simple. He really doesn’t need a warlord trait so you are good there.