Jeanne Dharc-Lancastrin Crusade (Black Templars)

Thank you guys!

Yes, I was aiming for a grim dark vibe, I think it suits perfectly wh40k and even more black templars. It's really fun to do it, too.

Glorious! If you have more pictures somewhere of these amazing Templars please post them!

PS: I don't think that champion has a big enough sword :biggrin.:

I will search some wip photos I made and post it here ;). I know you can't see so well every marine, 'cause I packed them very tight to give the idea of an army after a battle.

Yep, the Champion has to have a big a** sword, sadly I can't find a bigger one :D

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! What an awesome display. :smile.:

That Emperor's Champion is such an awesome adaptation of the classic mini - well done!

(Also, Jeanne Dharc in a Lancastrin crusade? This doesn't bode well - I hope Inquisitor Calconeus isn't around this time :wink:)

Rogan, on 26 Jul 2021 - 11:27 AM, said:
Wow! What an awesome display. :)

That Emperor's Champion is such an awesome adaptation of the classic mini - well done!

(Also, Jeanne Dharc in a Lancastrin crusade? This doesn't bode well - I hope Inquisitor Calconeus isn't around this time ;))

Thank you kindly!

Oh yes sadly, the Inquisition is not very fond of Saints :D.

At request of @Smoke Frog here are some wip pics. Enjoy.

oyaabm2.jpeg

QPlH2OA.jpeg

oIYO7ql.jpeg

smTRIXF.jpeg

VhHdGJN.jpeg

MK8KGt6.jpeg

do you have more shots of the EC's backpack? from the back?  I see have that same backpack spare, but you've added primaris style exhausts. Would like to see up close how everything went together.

I will take some photos and upload it here. You are correct, it's a "classic" chaplain backpack with primaris exhausts added by me ;).

The Emperor's Champion is beautifully painted. How will you decorate his base?

Thank you very much! This was just a WIP pic, painting was still in progress, I had to add the grimdark effect.

It's already in the diorama, front row, first pics :).

That's a really nice black you've got on the armour there. Big fan of how you've combined the classic upgrade kits and newer Primaris.

Thank you dude, it's a great kit who needs some adjusting but it's still really usable. The black is a mix of various colors and a grimdark style. Not so hard to do it.

I am curious as to the origins of the model / parts made to create Jeanne Dharc, Imperium Saint.

It's from W artel a S. Petersbourgh miniature company. I just leave some pieces behind, I didn't added anything :smile.:. Edit: I indeed added a relic cross for the left hand. i forgot :P.

As Reinhard ask here are some phjotos of the EC's backpack and some love for the Chaplain and the banner bearer :smile.:

NI8PdkL.jpeg

oTVvqw4.jpeg

YUFiN6x.jpeg

jxYA7Qv.jpeg

8lS06nr.jpeg

Edited by Alby the Slayer