New Max Spleenripper model

Qhpg8LWPVYajXO9o.jpg

A new Max Spleenriper model. He is a blood bowl player but the model screams 40k to me. He even has the chaos cultist symbol around his neck. The background even refers to him being a cultist...

The whfb fluff had a lot of cross over with 40k; it was basically a planet in the galaxy that was covered in warpstorms. In the older warriors chaos books you could build a chaos space marine out of a hero; Albion campaign had 40k gear and the liber daemonica had a huge amount of 40k in it.

Qhpg8LWPVYajXO9o.jpg

A new Max Spleenriper model. He is a blood bowl player but the model screams 40k to me. He even has the chaos cultist symbol around his neck. The background even refers to him being a cultist...

The whfb fluff had a lot of cross over with 40k; it was basically a planet in the galaxy that was covered in warpstorms. In the older warriors chaos books you could build a chaos space marine out of a hero; Albion campaign had 40k gear and the liber daemonica had a huge amount of 40k in it.

Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader, aka 40K 1e, was a self-contained supplement to WHFB - you could play it by itself, but it was also 100% mechanically compatible with WHFB.

Yes, once upon a time they were one and the same game.

I’m totally down converting this dude to a Cawdor Bounty Hunter. Tell me he does scream Necromunda conversion

That Chainsaw does look like it would make a mean eviscerator, and he does mesh well with the Cawdor Aesthetic. He'll need to be "purified" with a file, knife, and green stuff.

That joke got darker than I thought it would.

Funny but he actually looks MORE 40K than he does BloodBowl... go figure, great conversion fodder for sure... iron warriors cultist who loves Khorne...  sorry but at all the tournaments i ever went to, the guys with iron warriors armies were also long haired and wearing chains and very into metal bands etc ...very stereotypical... :tongue.: they would love this figure...

Mithril 

Funny but he actually looks MORE 40K than he does BloodBowl... go figure, great conversion fodder for sure... iron warriors cultist who loves Khorne... sorry but at all the tournaments i ever went to, the guys with iron warriors armies were also long haired and wearing chains and very into metal bands etc ...very stereotypical... :tongue.: they would love this figure...

Mithril

Hey I have long hair and wear chains and listen to metal but my Iron Warriors and Nurgle and Slaanesh worshipping what a ridiculous stereotype!

A fantastic example of nominative determinism if I ever saw one. The first member of the Spleenripper family to actually rip some speens. His mum Marjorie Spleenripper is a bank clerk and his dad shouts at swans.

Gorgeous model and I'll find a way to 40k it up - as others have said, he's perfect for 'Munda and would make a great cultist.