NA June White Dwarf

INKS

They really need to stop using this as an excuse for their ineptitude. I'm assuming they are implying this is due to Covid. They have had plenty of time to get their "stuff" together like other companies have but it appears they have not. It's getting old. I order a lot of things online, from many different companies, from all over the world. I receive my shipments on time and rarely with any delays. Games Workshop is the only company I have had issues with.

Covid is used a lot locally for delivery problems as well. I don't doubt the problems but many companies do have it sorted out for the most part. That being said, I had to email and inquire about not getting the magazine. I feel like this should have been an email they sent out to customers regardless. Not a big deal at the end of the day though.

June 1 they sent out emails and put it up on Facebook that US and Canada subscribers would be delayed. They didn't say how long, but looks like long enough apparently!

I always get mine a week or two after they arrive in stores so I'm whatever about it. I remember the wonderful days when it'd release the 1st of the month every month...those were the days! Then covid bumped it to the third Saturday, and for whatever reason this issue got super bumped to the next month's second Friday. That tells me something dire happened, as I'm also work in the magazine printing industry. Sadly, we don't print WD, but maybe one day...

Edited by Seahawk

I see. I don't use facebook. (won't get into the debate here) and they didn't send me an email until I contacted them. :/

Like I said, I don't mind that it's delayed, I understand. Just wish they would have sent me that email to let me know. 

I see. I don't use facebook. (won't get into the debate here) and they didn't send me an email until I contacted them. :/

Like I said, I don't mind that it's delayed, I understand. Just wish they would have sent me that email to let me know.

It was also on the Warhammer community site.

There is also an international shipping container crisis too don't forget and regardless of what you say or think there have already been warnings about Christmas gifts and such in the UK - non GW that is.

They really need to stop using this as an excuse for their ineptitude. I'm assuming they are implying this is due to Covid. They have had plenty of time to get their "stuff" together like other companies have but it appears they have not. It's getting old. I order a lot of things online, from many different companies, from all over the world. I receive my shipments on time and rarely with any delays. Games Workshop is the only company I have had issues with.

The global shipping situation is in chaos. Almost everyone who needs to ship products by sea are affected.

The price of shipping containers has been much higher for a while now, as demand for goods has changed substantially. For example, there's a lot more ordering online of goods for home, ultimately many coming from China, which has lead to massive US container port congestion (when it was already struggling), and then empty containers aren't where they're needed to be for new shipping as a result. It's feast or famine on availability at any given moment in any given location (i.e. is there a shortage trying to get empty containers from your location to your destination), and the ships to carry them are also in very high demand - pretty much anything that can float and carry containers, including some rather old and retired ships pressed back into service, as well the new super-sized container ships that are too big for some ports.

"‘shipping containers become very popular when you change what you do, or if you need to try something new at short notice’ – and we would suggest that many business and other organisations have faced this kind of challenge over the past 15+ months."

Plus you also have to include the Ever Given getting stuck in the Suez canal; that bottleneck caused ripple delays that's still affecting UK/European shipping. International shipping is a hugely complex machine, run by many companies - and demand is running it even faster than ever, while covid constantly throws sand in the gears. that its working at all is a minor miracle, given how little slack there is, because slack costs money...

In short, when you're shipping say, a load of magazines, you can easily have a delay getting a container to put them in, that container can easily be delayed getting onto an available ship, the ship can be delayed getting to port, the container can very easily get stuck trying to get off the boat in the US, and easily get delayed trying to clear customs and being unloaded. Covid hasn't gone away, and nor has the impact on well, everything.

And to add - GW have been upgrading their ancient ERP system to allow them to continue to grow (explosive rise in demand, again), and they are notoriously the absolutely hardest IT system to ever change, and it impacts on absolutely every part of the business as it's usually done in stages. So add that on top of the ongoing shipping crisis, and well, let's just say I'm glad I don't work in the GW dispatch department.

Edited by Arkhanist

Aren't NA magazines made in the NA? If not, why not? It doesn't make sense to make them in another region other than NA. That sounds expensive honestly. 

Aren't NA magazines made in the NA? If not, why not? It doesn't make sense to make them in another region other than NA. That sounds expensive honestly.

It only doesn't make sense because something went wrong. We only notice when there's an issue ;)

I remember seeing some fruit pots whereby the fruit was picked in country x, flown and packed in country y and then sold elsewhere. I can't remember the journey but it's vast.

Such is the modern tiny world.

Found it!

Pears! Grown in Argentina, packaged in Thailand and then sold in the states

WD will arrive when it arrives. :)

Edited by 01RTB01

I think that'll do for this topic as there's not too much more to discuss. As others have pointed out lots of stuff is going to be delayed at the moment and is likley to effect future releases/ White Dwarves, if you're unsure it's best to check with the supplier.