1000 Points Tri-wing Primaris Dark Angels

Brother Quinn

Here's my idea for a 1000 point all comers list using Tri-wing Dark Angels.  Any ideas for changes to it?  This will help me focus on what to build and paint out of my pile of shame to get over that paralysis.  It also builds toward the 2000 point list I was thinking of.

1000 Points Patrol Detachment - 5 CP / 51 PL

HQ

Primaris Chaplain - Warlord: Rites of War, Stratagem: Paragon of the Chapter: Decisive Tactician, The Armor Indomitus, Litany: Exhortation of Rage - 85 pts

Troop

10 Intercessors - Auto Bolt Rifles, Grenade Launcher x2, Thunder Hammer - 230 pts

Elites

5 Bladeguard - 175 points

Redemptor Dreadnought - Macro Plasma, Onslaught, Stormbolters, Icarus Rocket Pod - 185 points

Fast Attack

Storm Speeder Thunderstrike - 160 pts

Heavy Support

5 Hellblasters - Assault Plasma Incinerators - 165 pts

Total 1000/1000 pts

Edit: I chose the armor of indomitus to bump his survivability with the 2+ save, extra wound and emergency 3+ invulnerable save.  I'd rather go benediction of fury or cup of retribution in larger point lists.

Edited by Brother Quinn

Well, if I had to guess, this is a primaris themed list so I am not sure how much you are willing to switch with firstborn.

In any case I'd say:

-If you want to stick with Primaris, if you can get the points somewhere the Chappie on bike is awesome

-If you don't the Interrogator Chaplain is absolutely better than the Primaris Chaplain, same stats + Inner Circle

-I'd consider dropping the Bladeguard for a 5 man DW command squad, same cost, but you can give them a couple of SS for 20 points.

-I'd get the points from trading the Thunderstrike ( I personally like the news speeders but I feel at 1k points they are a bit thight, while the bikes, which I am liking less and less still have the right AT kick for 40 points that you can use) for 2 MM attack bikes, leaving 20 leftover points for a Watcher in the Dark and some more DW command squad kinks

Or simply switch the Thunderstrike for the bikes and the Chaplain for Ezekiel, which has a similar melee presence ( +Inner Circle!), a better armor save, psychic powers ( at 1k they can change the game) and a nice aura.

Since this means the free warlord trait can be moved around  I'd drop the Bladeguard, get 4 DW command termies (2 ss 1 AC 1 Watcher in the Dark), choose the sarge for Marked for Command, give him for free Rites of War and a MC Power Sword, giving you a OBSEC termie squad and your opponent an headache.

Consider that, unless you want to stick full Primaris, at some point you will  need to dabble in Termies and the like, so....

Edit: the Chaplain is still very nice for the MW protection aura if MW are a thing in your meta)

Edited by Brother Ramael

I'm going for a Primaris list so while I understand the strengths of first born I'm keeping them out right now besides some special characters.  My goal for 2k is adding Azrael and more greenwing, a second redemptor, more bladeguard with apothecary and rounding out the hellblasters with probably Ezekiel and Chaplain support.  If you have any suggestions toward that I'm all ears.  Thanks!

Sadly my experience at full primaris lists is very limited, that being said if you want to go that way you seems to have covered the bases.

I'd just say a couple of things: imho primaris chaps suffer greatly from not having IC, so if possible at all I'd try to put one on a bike or look into librarians; if you're low on DW it could be worthy to look into aggressors ( remember they shoot in melee! especially the flamer one can be nasty)and stick to tactical doctrine as much as possible.