Leviathan: Fellblade?

Excessus

Hey people! 

I have an event coming up where I might be bringing a Leviathan detachment, and I always wanted to buy a Fellblade for my Alpha Legion so this seemed like a perfect occasion...but is it any good in a Leviathan detachment? I don't have much experience playing with or against leviathan detachments so I thought I'd come seeking your aid! :) 

The Fellblade is arguably the “jack of all trades” of the Legion Lords of War, with the most guns and performing reasonably well against any target short of flyers. And the quad lascannons aren’t entirely hopeless against flyers, being twin-linked.

So, it’s probably among the super-heavies most capable of operating with the minimal support available in a Leviathan detachment. Whatever’s across the table, you’ll have a gun for that.

Sounds like I need to have one...but where to get one? :sad.:

If you're in Sweden, here's the link: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Legion-Fellblade

Yeah but it's the "Temporarily out of stock" that makes it difficult.

I'm spamming facebook groups and such, hehe

The Fellblade is arguably the “jack of all trades” of the Legion Lords of War, with the most guns and performing reasonably well against any target short of flyers. And the quad lascannons aren’t entirely hopeless against flyers, being twin-linked.

So, it’s probably among the super-heavies most capable of operating with the minimal support available in a Leviathan detachment. Whatever’s across the table, you’ll have a gun for that.

You can argue that, but its still a hard sell. The main weapon just isn't very good and is carried along by the quad las and the Demolisher (who's range just completely doesn't match so it's more used for point defense). For 20 points less you can get the stormblade and while you lose out on lascannon shots/reliability and the Demolisher, the main cannon doubles the output while being ap2; it's alternative fire doesn't have armourbane but makes up for that with more strength and more than triple the area.