Rik's White Scars

My local club is starting a 40k Crusade Campaign and I've taken it as some motivation to get my White Scars completed and on the table.

Here's my first completed unit

Squad Ogayn - Second Squad of the Stormwrath Brotherhood - The Eyes of the Storm (Primaris Incursor Scuad)

gallery_46502_17084_1157983.jpeg

Edited by Rik Lightstar

I'd be super happy with a force that looked that good. keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

They look amazing. 

Thanks InKaras, there were a couple of points in the process where the self-doubt was strong but I'm really pleased with the end result

Rik

Darn you, they look so good I now want a force of white scars. lol

They're very satisfying to do, the biggest challenge is staying neat after doing the "white". In reality I've used very little white at all, it's almost all greys.

Rik

Ulthuan Grey?... They look damn fine,... Always wanted to do some scars...

I have a box of Primaris and a white scars upgrade blister put aside for when we finish moving house...i want to make a WS killteam...perhaps i should wait for the rumoured Killteam new edition to appear ... :ermm:

Your models are very inspiring!! 

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Ulthuan Grey?... They look damn fine,... Always wanted to do some scars...

I have a box of Primaris and a white scars upgrade blister put aside for when we finish moving house...i want to make a WS killteam...perhaps i should wait for the rumoured Killteam new edition to appear ... :ermm:

Your models are very inspiring!!

Mithril

Cheers Mithril, I've got some Assault Intercessors to get pics of next.

Ulthuan Grey did feature pretty heavily along with a bunch of Vallejo greys, USN Ghost Grey and White Grey were the other main components, plus Dead White mixed into the White Grey for the final step. All through an airbrush over a Panzer Grey undercoat as that's not quite as severe as black.

Rik

Very fine work here Brother Rik:yes: Your minis are very sharp and clean from the bases up. The simple scheme with minimal markings works really well into the theme of the Incursors. I would like to see some closeups of the helmets. All nicely done:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been lax with my photography, but not so much with my painting, so a bit of an image dump right here....

Assault Intercessor Squads

gallery_46502_17084_134606.jpg

gallery_46502_17084_651223.jpg

Outriders

gallery_46502_17084_385153.jpg

Vanguard Veterans

gallery_46502_17084_137245.jpg

Reiver Lieutenant

gallery_46502_17084_169020.jpg

Captain with Jump Pack and Relic Blade

gallery_46502_17084_273868.jpg

Rik

A cool project, your White Scars. :)

I like how these are not overemphasizing the Asian aspect of the chapter, while at the same time not entirely downplaying it.