The Greymanes

Looking great, converted aos or templar?

Templar. Only bit of conversion I really did was scraping off the big templar cross off of the tabard and replacing the arms. There's not a lot of Templar-exclusive iconography on the Marshal. 

Hildebrand Kinslayer is the Greymanes' Chapter Champion. A dour, grim man whose trauma reaches deep. While he has all the martial prowess expected of his position in the Chapter, his expression of it is different from the average warrior of his sort. He despises showmanship in duels; he dispenses with it almost entirely. His movements are precise, methodical attacks and exacting defenses. 

"Don't be cruel." He will often exhort his students. "Cruelty has no place on the field of honor! Allfather forbid you fight your next of kin."

IMG_0282.jpg?width=784&height=670

• 1 month later...

IMG_0390.jpg?width=861&height=473

Fang Packs play an important role in any Greymanes commander's arsenal. Whether fighting as (relatively) short-ranged Eradicators, Eliminators, or Hellblasters, these veterans provide powerful fires. Often, they will cover a Greymanes assault from afar, seeking out good sightlines and cover to fight from before battle is properly joined. 

First batch of a Hellblaster Fang Pack.

• 2 weeks later...

Really fantastic work here! 

I live, and the Greymanes as well! Here's an Infiltrator I had unfinished before my burnout and getting into Bolt Action. I went and finished him as of this writing. His armor might be a shade lighter. My usual method, which was to use Hardened Carapace + Dark Tone, has always been one I'm unsatisfied with. If I may ask a favor of you all, which color/colors could help me to replicate the colors in the second image? Ideally, I'd like to use a single paint.

latest.png?width=460&height=669

I like this scheme a lot, looks great! 

Really fantastic work here! 

I live, and the Greymanes as well! Here's an Infiltrator I had unfinished before my burnout and getting into Bolt Action. I went and finished him as of this writing. His armor might be a shade lighter. My usual method, which was to use Hardened Carapace + Dark Tone, has always been one I'm unsatisfied with. If I may ask a favor of you all, which color/colors could help me to replicate the colors in the second image? Ideally, I'd like to use a single paint.

I like this scheme a lot, looks great! 

Thank you! With the preview of the Vanguard Spearhead AoR, I'm very interested in running a Shadow Companies army. RN, Phobos have a lot of dirty tricks that don't see a lot of use. Reivers, in particular, strike me as a unit that is going to benefit from this a lot. Finally, I could fluff it as Godwyn leading a return to New Albia, training the people of their homeworld in guerrilla warfare.

I was thinking something like this for 1000 points.

Battalion Detachment

Born Heroes, Hungry for Battle

Chapter Master in Phobos w/ Stealth Adept and Ghostweave Cloak

Lieutenant in Reiver Armor w / Master of the Vanguard 

Phobos Librarian, Shrouded, Hallucination

Infiltrators x2 

Incursors x1

Eliminators x1

Reivers x1

Invictor Warsuit x1

Edited by SvenIronhand

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_0257.jpg?width=573&height=669

Just a quick curiosity. What did you use to generate the image?