Catacomb Command Barge alternative model/conversion

Captain Idaho

One of the things I like about Necrons is the Cosmic Horror aspect over the space Egyptian theme, which I know is mostly dead regarding the fluff but can still exist in our head canon, army theme and perhaps in a corner of the galaxy in our custom Dynasty.

Regardless, I like the rules and play of some units but wanted a more monstrous representation on the field, so as an example I converted a Triarch Stalker to have the upper body of a Reanimator, to create a big old monster instead of a piloted vehicle.

Likewise, I'm looking to do similar with the Catacomb Command Barge. I just need some ideas and tips, so if possible folk can share their thoughts or own attempts that could inspired me, that would be great please :).

I can buy parts of course but I do have the legs of the Reanimator left but that might not be the right width or presence to work beyond a concerted lord of some sort. Maybe. Depends what you could advice.

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

I mocked this jetbike-style CCB for my sniper Overlord, but I didn’t want to commit anything to it so I think it’s mostly in pieces at the moment :P

Also, it’s a hodgepodge of 3d printed parts, the side flanges of a DDA, bits from what I think was a Dark Eldar Razorjet, a Triarch Stalker spine, and a gun from a CCB, so I doubt you’d be able to replicate it, but you never know! And maybe this inspires a conversion for you.

Ah it is good inspiration. Although I don't want a Jetbike, there's no reason I can't use Dark Eldar parts alongside a Catacomb Command Barge kitbash for something. Maybe I'll look at their Talos type stuff as a base?

Edit: Too organic. I was remembering the old Talos model.

I'm thinking the question first should be appropriate size. I'm not sure the legs of the Reanimator will be sufficient size in area (very vertical though) to create a sufficient Catacomb Command Barge that is fair for opponent, but I could bulk out the top of the model and have it looming forward.

Wonder if there's something for AoS that could work? Or any of the other gaming systems?

Edited by Captain Idaho

It's a tough one. The main option seems to be (ensuring Necron themes):

A. Use the Catacomb Command Barge but build it in such a way (using lord knows what extra parts) to have a body coming out of it as if it's an extension to it. Possibly the body extending down from the spine, but what body large enough to hang from the spine etc?

B. Build something large and spindly on top and hanging down from those spider legs, though I could potentially hack them up to make them smaller.

C. Something using a Canoptek Spyder with an Overlord body and perhaps some parts from the Barge, particularly the top parts? This could be the best option?

The thing to be careful with about option C is that Spyder-Lords are and have been excellent Destroyer Lord conversions. This might work in your favor, being able to double as a CCB and a Skorpekh Lord, but it might alternatively be a hinderance.

There are cryptothrall bits for the upper leg (don't remember what that body part is called, but the "bigger leg" up to the bum), with reanimator bits. I think it's fully composed of stuff from indomitus.

If you do make your own, you must share pictures :)