Deathwatch Marines of Sentinel IX

Captain Aracus of the Yellowjackets, assigned to the Deathwatch of Sentinnel IX as 4th Company Captain. Depicted here with jump pack, stormshield, and thunder hammer.

gallery_103048_17086_2645.jpg

Chapter Symbol of the Yellowjackets:

gallery_103048_17086_5208.jpg

Leading some of her fellow marines:

gallery_103048_17086_53234.jpg

Moar pictures and lore here.

Kill Marine Aeschylops of the Clockwork Ravens

gallery_103048_17086_201221.jpg

Shown here with the Clockwork Raven's chapter symbol. Credit for the chapter goes to Raziellycas

gallery_103048_17086_35619.jpg

Backpack:

gallery_103048_17086_61278.jpg

Also occasionally moonlights as a techmarine

gallery_103048_17086_130021.jpg

Size comparison to your standard primaris:

gallery_103048_17086_197589.jpg

In a small (and slightly heretical) tribute to their impending codex drop, my Black Templars Librarian exiled to the Deathwatch is now complete: Epistolary Benedictus!

gallery_103048_17086_232568.jpg

First model I purchased for my deathwatch force because I loved the look... and I am happy how he turned out!

gallery_103048_17086_239590.jpg

Some of his heraldry. His shoulder pad is red due to his former station as a sword brethren marine in the Marshal's household:

gallery_103048_17086_85921.jpg

And of course he displays his new allegiance to the Deathwatch on his other shoulder pad:

gallery_103048_17086_375660.jpg

Lore and the rest of my pictures are of course in my deathwatch thread. If I make another Librarian I may go for either a phobos librarian or a jumppack.

Suffer not the alien to live!

gallery_103048_17086_242456.jpg

"...exiled to the Deathwatch."

I love that. This is how all BT players should be handling those filthy witches the 6th-8th edition codecies forced into the chapter.

This Deathwatch force is awesome. They look really good and i can only imagine a group shot of them all together must be quite stunning. (Give it.)

What did you use to make those jump-pack exhaust clouds?

• 2 weeks later...

Again, excellent works. I especially like the Wild Wolves member, with the tribal markings distinguishing his skull trophies from the others'.

Thanks! I enjoyed pulling bone and tusks from my leftover Lizardmen and savage-orc bits!

"...exiled to the Deathwatch."

I love that. This is how all BT players should be handling those filthy witches the 6th-8th edition codecies forced into the chapter.

This Deathwatch force is awesome. They look really good and i can only imagine a group shot of them all together must be quite stunning. (Give it.)

What did you use to make those jump-pack exhaust clouds?

Thanks! 

No group shot made yet... I was hoping to construct a nice background for them to sit on first. That and I have another seven marines and a stormspeeder to complete for my armies first wave!

The suppressor backpacks were a purchase from Figure Painters, they have ones for other flying marines too, as well as some other hobby supplies. 

Next Intercessor Sergeant is complete: Brother Sergeant Ah'kin of the Valedictors:

gallery_103048_17086_79155.jpg

Chapter symbol- changed it up a bit from the "official" version to look a bit more like the old Van Halen logo!

gallery_103048_17086_275104.jpg

Both his arms are magnetized for maximum kill team combo potential:

gallery_103048_17086_70587.jpg

Moonlighting as a blackshield:

gallery_103048_17086_160793.jpg

“We are the Valedictors, the Emperor’s Executioners, here to administer your last goodbye. Say farewell to your existence, for we shall be the last living beings you will ever see.” –paraphrased from Scribe-Adept 1d4chan

gallery_103048_17086_113025.jpg

Rest of his pictures and my lore imaginings for these guys are in my deathwatch thread.

Again, excellent works. I'm surprised how well the freehand Chapter symbols are painted; they look like they require hours of work, EACH.

Thanks! It takes me roughly three to four hours of work per marine at this point, so it has been a bit of a slog.

Though I must confess not all the symbols are freehand, a lot of them have been transfers! For instance:

Transfers- Howling Griffons, Imperial Fists (needed cleanup), Mortifactors, Yellowjackets, Ultramarines, Marines Malevolent, Red Templars...

Freehand- Scythes of the Emperor, Black Templars, Blood Drinkers variant, Dark Krakens, Flesh Eaters, and my most recent Valedictor marine

Edited by Smoke Frog

Next Intercessor Sergeant is complete: Brother Sergeant Ah'kin of the Valedictors:

Excellent work on the model.

Chapter symbol- changed it up a bit from the "official" version to look a bit more like the old Van Halen logo!

Ah, someone who appreciates classic rock music! I applaud your homage.

Excellent work on the model.

Ah, someone who appreciates classic rock music! I applaud your homage.

Thanks, glad I am not the only one! :biggrin.:

Second Fortis Kill Team is all complete: Kill Team Ah'kin of Company Quartus (4th Co), Watch Fortress Sentinel IX

gallery_103048_17086_330122.jpg

Chapter heraldry:

gallery_103048_17086_129965.jpg

• Bottom Row: Valedictors, Angels of Vengeance, Howling Griffons, Scythes of the Emperor, Imperial Fists
  • Top row: Flesh Eaters, Space Wolves/Wild Wolves, Mortifactors, Rainbow Warriors, Iron Hands

The latest additions hail from the Rainbow Warriors and the Iron Hands:

gallery_103048_17086_190654.jpg

Moar pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I neglected to post my two new Aggressors here before, so here they are:

gallery_103048_17086_359317.jpg

Brother Apolidus of the Carmine Blades' heraldry:

gallery_103048_17086_59310.jpg

And Sergeant Achillad of the Aurora Talons channeling his inner Mr. Freeze:

gallery_103048_17086_192098.jpg

More pictures and lore in my main Deathwatch thread of course.

That being said, the Phase 1 for my Deathwatch force is complete, and I finally took an army shot of the completed stuff together:

gallery_103048_17086_99691.jpg

Happy I got two full Fortis Kill Teams complete, along with the couple of characters and vehicles. Need to invest in a better camera setup at some point, but all my jungle terrain is currently in storage so no cool pictures aside from this dining room shot for now.

Looking forward to working on my next few kill teams, to include a few Spectrus and at least one Indomitor!

Thanks a lot!

Techmarine is first marine finished for phase 2 of this army's evolution: Artificer Kailash of the Fighting Tigers of Veda!

gallery_103048_17086_249105.jpg

For those of you who have never visited the Jungle before, I highly recommend it as not only does it show off a really awesome space marine chapter but also is many years in the making. Really shows off just how great the hobby can be, especially the classic site!

gallery_103048_17086_268954.jpg

View of Kailash's heraldry:

gallery_103048_17086_37139.jpg

This model was a fun and easy one to paint, happy I chose orange for his helmet too. Got the rest of my pictures here.

gallery_103048_17086_251905.jpg

Love that techmarine. I've long wondered how DW would look if their helmets, in addition to their one shoulderpad, remained in the original chapter colours and this one (even though my understanding is orange is your techmarine colour, not the chapter's) shows it might actually work. I think I'll give it a try with a KillTeam force before I actually try to collect a full 40k army. Your threads (here and in the DW sub) has been a real source of inspiration that's making me realize I might be able to pull it off. Thanks for sharing your work.