Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathwatch Marines of Sentinel IX

deathwatch

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Black Templars

Thank you! 

Love that techmarine. I've long wondered how DW would look if their helmets, in addition to their one shoulderpad, remained in the original chapter colours and this one (even though my understanding is orange is your techmarine colour, not the chapter's) shows it might actually work. I think I'll give it a try with a KillTeam force before I actually try to collect a full 40k army. Your threads (here and in the DW sub) has been a real source of inspiration that's making me realize I might be able to pull it off. Thanks for sharing your work.

Yup, orange is the color assigned to the techmarines in my force; it has to do with the fealty they owe to forgeworld Ryza instead of Mars. This would allow me to ally my two Imperium armies should I ever want to happy.png

That sounds like a great idea, not enough Deathwatch armies out there!

~~~~

Got my pictures taken for my next character, my second Watch Captain, Memnon of the Metamarines!

gallery_103048_17086_48440.jpg

He is from another one of those chapters with zero lore, but it matched the pre-molded shoulderpad symbol perfectly, and now I could theoretically assign him to any warlord trait I wanted to, allowing him to keep up with whatever META he is fielded against rolleyesclean.gif

gallery_103048_17086_182000.jpg

He comes equiped with a stormshield on his back and can swap out both his magnetized arms. For now he can swap his auto bolt rifle with a powersword.

gallery_103048_17086_104008.jpg

I also like how he looks with double power swords!

gallery_103048_17086_224975.jpg

Rest of his pics

• Gamiel and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,744 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Metamarine. The Ork skull trophy on his backpack, is a GREAT touch.
  • Smoke Frog likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

Two more marines are complete since my last post in the Great Hall.

Sergeant Xenothymos of the Blood Angels, Heavy Intercessor.

gallery_103048_17086_161491.jpg

Blood Angels squad sergeant heraldry:

gallery_103048_17086_60188.jpg

I completed this spooky chaplain just in time for Halloween today! 

High Executioner Dynamaxes of the Dread Saurians:

gallery_103048_17086_9390.jpg

Dread Saurians heraldry. This chapter is the creation of Captain Kolbasi on reddit

gallery_103048_17086_49070.jpg

Here is the new chaplain, along with a few heroes of the Watch!

gallery_103048_17086_241712.jpg

Got more pictures on pages 4 and 5 of my deathwatch painting and lore thread

• Gamiel and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,744 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Again, excellent work. I'm surprised the Chaplain's thunder hammer is so plain; does this reflect the hammer wielder or maker's no-nonsense attitude, which views the decorations seen on most Astartes wargear, as "dead weight"?
  • Smoke Frog likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

Again, excellent work. I'm surprised the Chaplain's thunder hammer is so plain; does this reflect the hammer wielder or maker's no-nonsense attitude, which views the decorations seen on most Astartes wargear, as "dead weight"?

Thanks! 

The original hammer was very "sigmarized" and it was hard to make an inquisitorial "I" in the miliput I used to cover up the original detail. I also liked how the hammer looked when it was plain, gives him a real no-nonsense attitude. 

gallery_103048_17086_234241.png

• Gamiel likes this

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

My first Contemptor Dreadnought is complete: Revered Brother Jorodin of the Inheritors Chapter

gallery_103048_17086_194846.jpg

“…I was there, brothers, when my masters swore oaths of fealty to the Abomination. Back then, I was but an initiate, a member of the reserve and a marine of low rank and low worth. For my uneasiness, my lack of devotion, I was punished and expelled from their ranks to serve a sentence on the Long Vigil. I then remember when the Pentarchy fell upon my former kin, and the carnage that followed on my homeworld. Though the heretics have ceased to exist, I remained to inherit my chapter’s shame.” – Dreadnought Jorodin of the Inheritors Chapter

gallery_103048_17086_224794.jpg

The Inheritors Chapter are part of the Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten project, one of the chapters that went over to the side of the Partisans during the War of the False Primarch, and ultimately met their doom at the hands of the Pentarchy. Their Index Asartes article can be found here. Obviously I am a fan and have been enjoying reading the lore posts and looking at all the awesome pictures biggrin.png

Banner and trophies sporting a recent kill during campaigns against Hive Fleet Leviathan:

gallery_103048_17086_200360.jpg

Despite the plastic contemptor being a bit difficult to work with, I loved every stage of this project from sourcing bits, to assembly, to painting. Glad I took my time manetizing his arms so I can swap out many different weapon configurations should I wish too. 

gallery_103048_17086_186635.jpg

Banner is also magnetized and I can run the dreadnought without it, should I wish him to look more "tactical" sweat.gif

gallery_103048_17086_259845.jpg

Many more pictures of this guy are in my deathwatch thread

Edited by Smoke Frog, 20 November 2021 - 03:46 PM.

• Gamiel, Bjorn Firewalker and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deathwatch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users