Raychu's deathwatch

Raychu

So it began.

A few years back something happened. it was a kill team narrative mission reports from MWG.

they were using the herald of ruin ruleset. and I loved the idea of a few operative sneaking around orks, genestealer cults etc.

and the codex for 40k came out. and the minis were (I found) with a lot of character.

And so I bought some minis, but I didn't do anything with them. I was aiming to finish enough of my dark angels in order to get to an apocalypse game. that was this spring.

now that I spend some times painting some other stuff (heroquest, a night lords kill team) and that the night has come. it is time to bring back the MIBs.

I'll show you later today my first minis I have assembled. I have to say there will be some old firstborns and some sternguards / vanguards dropped in.

just like those I painting when the codex first came out.

20161014.jpg

20161013.jpg

20161015.jpg

so yes, the guns will be blue.

But I have a little question as per list building. what do you people think about vets with missile launcher and / or deavastor centurions with laser? in ordre to have some antitank.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Raychu

Damn been a long time since I saw the old sternguard models.

Some super clean painting there with the shoulder pads, you’ve done a great job at making them pop.

I like the way your leaning into the blue motif as well instead of the more traditional red, makes it more unique as its own watch fortress if that’s your intention.

In regards to anti tank we don’t get devs so missile launcher units or terminators with cyclones is always a favourite.

The centurions however, they do the job but are very expensive, almost always die immediately and don’t do allot compared with other options, that said if you like the models go for it, I myself have 3 grav centurions but if you want something effective, I would say invest in a squad of eradicators.

• 2 years later...

It's been a very long time, and I did some other stuff (heroquest, a few small units from other factions just for fun etc).

Seen where the Dark Angels are going in 10edition, I thought about painting a bit of Deathwatch. but when I took them out of the box, I got scared as I have something like 60 space marines (primaris and firstborn) to paint. I won't be able to take as much time as I did on the 5 first. it'll be too long.

So yesterday I tried something else I recently tried and liked on my primaris dark angels (link down below), and it is simply drybrushing a lighter color and not doing edge highlight.

Here is the result of my tryout.

What do you think? I guess it is a bit too light on the back of the legs, and I would like to find a quick way to weather those armours. 

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

17054713.jpg
17054711.jpg

17054710.jpg

17054712.jpg