Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

I’m done with KT though. I play Aeldari and Chaos, who haven’t even gotten a starter box since day one.

Chaos and Eldar will have rules in this edition of Kill Team, and appear on the new website GW have made to promote the game (https://warhammer40000.com/kill-team/). This new edition isn't just Orks and Krieg.

Some interesting names there.

Traitor Space Marines and not Chaos?

Brood Covens instead of Genestealer Cults?

Hive Fleets instead of Tyranids?

A few other weird ones as well. Interestingly, Custodes/Sisters of Silence fall under Talons of the Emperor ALA 30k now, but I suppose that was always a given after PA more or less merged them already. 

A few other weird ones as well. Interestingly, Custodes/Sisters of Silence fall under Talons of the Emperor ALA 30k now, but I suppose that was always a given after PA more or less merged them already.

I wonder if they've designed this website with people who have next to no exposure to 40k in mind? That's the only reason I can think of for the... Unusual naming choices... Edited by firestorm40k

I’m done with KT though. I play Aeldari and Chaos, who haven’t even gotten a starter box since day one.

Chaos and Eldar will have rules in this edition of Kill Team, and appear on the new website GW have made to promote the game (https://warhammer40000.com/kill-team/). This new edition isn't just Orks and Krieg.

They prmote CSM as Traitor  , they got marine and chaos cultist , fun fact chaos cultist is not avaible in GW store , good job gw  xD

So now instead of a skirmish version of the 40K they made a in house competitor of Necromunda?

This is a crazy move IMHO

The good thing about KT is that it is the skirmish version of the main 40k with same stats for models and weapons

Now it is a totally different beast and non compatible (miniatures apart) with the game that is supposed to work with

If i want a totally different game i would go with Necromunda not with a 40K version of Warcry

Well killteams mechanics ended up not resulting in a very good system. It was super conditional on stratagem usage and lucking out with injuries, while also being slow as dirt due to alternate activations. Then you add the edition and codex changes and it's this outdated, clunky mess.

Scrapping the 40k mechanics for stuff actually made for a skirmish system should result in a better long term game. I hope the stratagems work more like Titanicus than the iterations of 40k/killteams/AOS.

Damn I love those Kommandos - I was hoping it was going to be them and not regular boys when I saw the trailer on Friday, and I am not disappointed.

It’s also great to see non Imperium terrain, especially when you have a new Ork specific terrain piece coming out for 40k that would make a great centrepiece here.

Not sure if my wallet can accomodate another big box here, maybe I’ll just pick up the Kommandos separately. I just hope it’s not too long before they get released seperately.

totally disagree, this was exactly what killteam needed.

So it needed to be a inferior competitor of necromunda? :biggrin.:

How can you say it's inferior? You've clearly played many games of it already?

I like the look of this, why? Because it's orks and death korp black ops.

Necromunda doesn't interest me one jot.

To each their own, opinions aren't facts. KT should also serve as a route into 40k. Hopefully this is what we get this time.

How you can route one person into 40K if you offer a introduction game that is totally different from hig big brother?

It's like wanting to introduce one person to driving a car teaching him how to drive a boat

And if one likes the DKOK and Orks Kommandos but is not interested in the game can buy them separately later ofc

Necromunda is superior cause this new KT looks it's based on the Warcry mechanics that are vastly inferior to Necromunda

And in addiction Necromunda is a game with a wide fanbase and a constant support in supplements and miniatures while the previous KT and Warcry unfortunately didn't had so much support from GW and i doubt this new KT will have a better treatment

So now instead of a skirmish version of the 40K they made a in house competitor of Necromunda?

This is a crazy move IMHO

The good thing about KT is that it is the skirmish version of the main 40k with same stats for models and weapons

Now it is a totally different beast and non compatible (miniatures apart) with the game that is supposed to work with

If i want a totally different game i would go with Necromunda not with a 40K version of Warcry

The writing was on the wall with their push for Combat Patrol. No way was a Kill-Team 2.0 going to remain/become more like 40k when they wanted to push 500pts as the 'introduction'.

How can you say it's inferior? You've clearly played many games of it already?

I like the look of this, why? Because it's orks and death korp black ops.

Necromunda doesn't interest me one jot.

To each their own, opinions aren't facts. KT should also serve as a route into 40k. Hopefully this is what we get this time.

How you can route one person into 40K if you offer a introduction game that is totally different from hig big brother?

It's like wanting to introduce one person to driving a car teaching him how to drive a boat

And if one likes the DKOK and Orks Kommandos but is not interested in the game can buy them separately later ofc

Necromunda is superior cause this new KT looks it's based on the Warcry mechanics that are vastly inferior to Necromunda

And in addiction Necromunda is a game with a wide fanbase and a constant support in supplements and miniatures while the previous KT and Warcry unfortunately didn't had so much support from GW and i doubt this new KT will have a better treatment

It's about the setting, place and minis. Introduction to universe. Not necessarily the games mechanics.

Stop asserting opinion as fact. "Inferiority" is a perspective based on YOUR values, not mine and not necessarily everyone else's.

As an ork player I love the box as a whole. Whether KT survives or not the scenery and models will get used

to me it doesn't seem inferior, but is definitely different.

It looks like it takes some ideas from warcry, but actually based on some reddit leaks sounds like they've also been inspired by stuff like star wars legion (which is pretty cool) and even computer games like xcom (which is excellent).

until I've played it, i won't consider it inferior to necromunda... and even then... zero interest in gangers, so necromunda has always been passed over by me based on its theme being of very little interest (the most i'd have considered were the enforcers).

Tbh, they're all inferior to stuff like infinity anyway from a mechanics perspective, its just infinities models are monopose and not to my liking (i do own some stuff though).

Necromunda isn't ideal for pick-up games or one-offs; it's much more designed for campaigns and developing your gang over time. New kill team looks to more warcry-ish, where you have a balanced set of rules/profiles that you use for a competitive game, but you don't kill off team members/develop new skills. There probably will be a narrative campaign mode (there is for warcry) but the focus I think is more on matched play.

Think spec-ops teams sent on a specific mission, where dead guys get replaced with someone with the same skillset as necessary, though of course you can change the composition if you want. And some people want soldiers, not criminal gangs!

Supposedly the rules are more complex than warcry.

Old kill team was in a bad place, Warcry was a batter skirmish system, Necromunda had better campaigns and 40k better small scale battles. It had no point. Switching it up to a Warcry style system is a good idea, as is building some kits to specifically support it for once. You can still easily expand up to 40k but you are going from one box rather than half a dozen which is a lot more consumer friendly too! 

Necromunda isn't ideal for pick-up games or one-offs; it's much more designed for campaigns and developing your gang over time. New kill team looks to more warcry-ish, where you have a balanced set of rules/profiles that you use for a competitive game, but you don't kill off team members/develop new skills. There probably will be a narrative campaign mode (there is for warcry) but the focus I think is more on matched play.

Think spec-ops teams sent on a specific mission, where dead guys get replaced with someone with the same skillset as necessary, though of course you can change the composition if you want. And some people want soldiers, not criminal gangs!

Supposedly the rules are more complex than warcry.

Personally speaking Im way more fond of pickup style games than campaigns

Necromunda doesnt let you use lots of models and factions from 40k we all know and love.

Plus KT isnt there just to be a gateway drug to 40k. Plus if you get 40k players into KT theres books, cards, scenery, etc that theyll buy

The ability to create a Kill Team from 40k-standard models should always exist, sure, but when you're putting out a KT-specific custom box why would you want to just reprint existing models? Especially since the equipment loadout available on a sprue from a regular infantry box is usually insufficient for a decent kill team anyway. 

And from a narrative standpoint, the Warcry range has been great for AoS. Fleshing out the various chaos-aligned cultures of the realms has added a lot of flavor to the world. 40k could only benefit from a similar approach. 

Edited by Shinespider