Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

So what kits are rumored to be coming?

I'm expecting a Primaris Helbrecht and Emperor's Champion, and various upgrade sprues.

But I'm also thinking that there will be an all new suprise unit of some kind - something new and unique to the BT.

I cant see much of the model but if its based on an actual prototype of the miniature then Im guessing the new Emperor's Champion will be basically the old 30th anniversary pewter EC but upscaled to Primaris size. Makes me wonder how its rules will change if Vows indeed come back.

So what kits are rumored to be coming?

I'm expecting a Primaris Helbrecht and Emperor's Champion, and various upgrade sprues.

But I'm also thinking that there will be an all new suprise unit of some kind - something new and unique to the BT.

According to Valrak, it's Grimaldus, Helbrecht, EC, Ancient, an unamed Castellan, cenobytes, Sword Brethren and Crusader squad, all of which are primaris (well except the ceno's) :p

the rumors are

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

Primaris Emperors champion

BT specific Primaris Ancient (new ind. char  or maybe a generic )

Primaris Castellan ( Lieutenant )

New Vehicle upgrade kit ( additional melter were mentioned)

New Primaris Sword Brethren

New Primaris Crusader squad (yes, new neophyte models)

Vows are there instead of a super doctrine

Edited by Medjugorje

Best news ever. My wallet is feeling a lot lighter today.

Noticed the EC in the teaser had a particular backpack from the upgrade sprue. I see you GW :wink:

gallery_46568_16818_44214.jpg

Not only that but they had him reciting the "Suffer Not The Unclean to Live" vow, from the old school codex, word for word as it is written. The subtle clues that the development team has taken our old ways into account is really really making me hopeful here.

the rumors are

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

BT specific Primaris Ancient (new ind. char  or maybe a generic )

-

Geedub has stated all this now?

Glad it's out in the open now and we can all officially ride the hype train, looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction to the models, I may be bias but they're the best Primaris models I've seen so far.

Will you feel the same way when GW finally reveals that the Black Templars are secretly loyalist Word Bearers and not fine upstanding sons of Dorn like the Minotaurs and Sons of the Phoenix?

[snip]

Not only that but they had him reciting the "Suffer Not The Unclean to Live" vow, from the old school codex, word for word as it is written. The subtle clues that the development team has taken our old ways into account is really really making me hopeful here.

I had flashbacks to 4th there! When I started to hear that vow it was like a flood of memories coming back. Plus 1 strength, but a hit to initiative. So good.

Glad it's out in the open now and we can all officially ride the hype train, looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction to the models, I may be bias but they're the best Primaris models I've seen so far.

Will you feel the same way when GW finally reveals that the Black Templars are secretly loyalist Word Bearers and not fine upstanding sons of Dorn like the Minotaurs and Sons of the Phoenix?

"Trust in the Emperor at the hour of battle.

Trust to him to intercede, and protect his warriors true as they deal death on alien soil.

Turn their seas to red with the blood of their slain.

Crush their hopes, their dreams

And turn their songs into cries of lamentation."

Edited by Medjugorje

the rumors are

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

BT specific Primaris Ancient (new ind. char or maybe a generic )

This would be pretty incredible if it comes to pass!

I think I'm most excited about the named characters and the sword brethren. I just can't picture how the Crusader squad will be as a Primaris. Will the new Neophytes be 2 wound models? And will they have armour similar to Reivers, or something new entirely?

Edited by Ishagu

I'd imagine any mix of 'intercessor' model and scouts. We already have seen in the fluff plates that an 'Intercessor' is simply referred to as a Crusader in the Black Templars.

They could also allow any mix of firstborn initiate, intercessor and scout, like Deathwatch squads, but GW have been fairly reticent to allow mixing between the two types.

It would also be possible to have a Phobos squad, where you run a mix of Incursors, Infiltrators and scouts, to represent the Crusader Squad packing light for close ops, the whole squad could still forward deploy, but I'm really wishlisting now.

I don't think they'll be making use in any way of the old Scout models in these new Primaris units.

I'm imagining that the kit will have 5 Marines in full Tacticus armour, and maybe 5 that are lightly armoured, maybe covered in cloth in parts, but with the better proportions typical to Primaris. This is very interesting either way.