Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

I'm expecting it to be pretty analogous to Marneus Calgar in size and price

Calgar box also include 2 Victrix guards models, which have the same size(40mm) and points cost as BGV. Average price of 1 BGV model is about 10.5 pounds...

As I said on the thread from the main rumor page...

Thing is, I want an ancient carrying Helbrecht's banner to come with him, as I can NOT freehand one at the moment to save my life, but would still love to field one somewhere in my Black Templars army...

As I said on the thread from the main rumor page...

Thing is, I want an ancient carrying Helbrecht's banner to come with him, as I can NOT freehand one at the moment to save my life, but would still love to field one somewhere in my Black Templars army...

there is an stl available on cults3d or you can find it on shapeways, red warden minis i think it was. (black templar banner)

Edited by Cryptshadow

A bigger base for an aura providing HQ would be really useful as long as they come in under 10W so you can still hide them (ie please dont be like the Triumph)

Or if it has a rule like the Triumph does now. It has a rule that states, despite having 18 wounds, the Triumph counts as a 9-wound model for the purposes of the Look Out, Sir! rule and terrain traits like Dense Cover and Obscuring.

The cynic in me is wondering how reliable the rumor that the launch box will be coming this month, is. 

Official word is Templars in november. A rumor, but nothing beyond that, said the box would be September, alone, right?

GW is also now notorious for "[x] releasing in [MONTH]" actually meaning "it's being available for pre-order the last week of the month".

So even if the rumour of the launch box being September is true, GW could (and very likely might/would) have it be available for pre-order on the 25th. IE: September

Disappointed, that's a whole week we have to wait for again.... gah!, maybe GW are doing it on purpose, building the hype, then hush up and not preview anything for weeks and watch us slowly lose our minds waiting. They will fail, it's been 16 years. 

Is not the end of the world I suppose, back to painting it seems. 

Just Read through the WHC latest BT article. It was fun to see them explain the BT zeal for the masses, but the only thing I got out of it was the supplement "is coming soon". No word on new models beyond what we've already seen, or any hint at a date. Glad I kept my excitement tempered by lessons of the past. The wait continues.

Haha, we definitely need some kind of teaser, leak or rules rumour, if only as a distraction away from the ‘are leaks appropriate’ discussion!

In all seriousness, I’d hoped to see a bit more too but any release delays give us all more time to reduce our pile of shame and hone our understanding of 9th edition (at least in my case).