Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Has anybody else noticed the 5-11 initiates 4-8 neos and a sb?

Adding up to max 8 neos and 12 marines in a new crusader squad...

Or am I misreading?

That means the squad size is 10-20, not sure what the problem is?

Well, I personally would've liked to be able to use a squad of just 5 given my MSU tendencies (which is also the meta tendency these days especially for troops), but other than that it indeed makes sense.

Am I weird for wanting to scrape the wings off the neophytes for that plain black armor look?

Maybe even classic marine helms instead of bare faces?

Can't wait for the silly load-outs on the SB squad and see how much this changes the game.

I have never liked full marine helmets on neohpytes. it just looks wrong. Tempestus scions helmets or others, sure could work. but not marine ones. just no.

That said, if the recent detailed rumors are to be believed, it sounded like there would be the option to have a neophyte holding a helmet.... unless that's suggesting he's holding a holy relic for someone, that'll be interesting to see

Heck, Might even wanna give some (bare) stormcast heads a try, they're marginally smaller than marine heads? Even bare marine heads look weird on scout bodies as they're so large.

That said, the new scouts are probably a tad taller so that might be less of an issue.

gaah just need to get my hands on the models so I can start fiddling with options already 

Or am I misreading?

The initiate?SB to neo amount is not equal anymore.

The older 10/10 squad used to have 10 inits and 10 neo's. Tis 20 man squad has less neo's. meaning I believe we have the first SM squad with more than 10 primaris marines.

Or am I misreading?

The older 10/10 squad used to have 10 inits and 10 neo's. Tis 20 man squad has less neo's. meaning I believe we have the first SM squad with more than 10 primaris marines.

Are you meaning Black Templars are going to get the first primaris squad which would eat full max shots from blast weapons? Woah, that is an awesome achievement.

:cussing hell, am I in the BT subforum?

Kudos Adelard respectable attitude we should all take a page from your book.

I've resolved to be more like Sword Brother Lucerne. His positive, good humoured attitude in Godblight is much more engaging than the moody angry Templar stereotypes.

He plays a greater role in "gate of bones" too. Seems to become a important character in the future.

We have seen him now as both an unnumbered son of Dorn and a Sword Brother of the Black Templars, I hope we get more books to show the journey between the two.

Or am I misreading?

Are you meaning Black Templars are going to get the first primaris squad which would eat full max shots from blast weapons? Woah, that is an awesome achievement.

Blast isn't THAT bad, I mean there is so much LOS blocking terrain, cover, and we have access to FnP rather easily (litanies, apothecary), plus, with blast, you still have to hit and wound, and it sounds like we will have 16 ablative wounds per full 20 man. 

Edited by Trignama

I've probably missed the boat on this one, so I apologize if this has been covered already, but do we know if any of the models in the BT box will be locked in there for the forseable future? (Ie master of possession/Phobos lieutenant)

I've probably missed the boat on this one, so I apologize if this has been covered already, but do we know if any of the models in the BT box will be locked in there for the forseable future? (Ie master of possession/Phobos lieutenant)

Rumours said the Sword Brothers box could make a Marshall, which might mean the Marshall in the launch box might be a long while coming on his own...

Skimmed it, seemed to mostly consolidate the official word and revealed things. Which is fine and dandy, a conservative take is a prudent one. My point is you needen't worry. Grimaldus and more still is coming.

Reminds me, we did have a rumor engine a while back of a shackled skeleton. We've seen a few ones since, but none of them have actually been the one teased (with the W on the forehead)

I'm thinking this chap to either be one of the relics carried by a Cenobyte or alternatively, a banner by the rumoured Ancient, similar to what the current Bladeguard Ancient carries.

this is a MSU edition. And the crusadersquad used to be good because you couldplay him as big uniti but cheap too.... This is not going to happen with the new crusadersquad... 

I don't follow the tournament scene very closely, but was there something about big units of Skitarii to do something with stratagems? Is it possible the Primaris Crusader and Crusader squads may have a similar use?

Anyhow, I looked at the fairly recent "TG" leak rumors that were posted some months back, it had some details that I felt were good to re-read, now that we have seen the entirety of the launch box contents:

October and November 2021:

Complete BT release with

Ancient, Helbrecht, Grimaldus, Emperor's Champion, Seneshal, Initiates (6 Marines with Intercessor CC equipment or auto bolt rifles), 4 Neophytes (boltguns or chainsword). The Crusader kit will have options for a Sword Brother unit leader with cape, and there's a 15" AP-1 flamer.

The Sword Brother kit will have plenty of CC options and the option to make a Marshal (like with the Custodes Warden kit that gives you the option of making a Captain).

There will be two Crusader Squads: the old one that everyone knows and a new one made up exclusively of Primaris. The latter will be 5-11 Primaris Initiates, 4-8 Primaris Neophytes, and 1 Primaris Sword Brother. Neophytes will have 2 W and 2 A like other Primaris.

There'll also be a conversion/bitz/upgrade sprue that will have Templar relics on it (so-and-so's helmet, the sword of such-and-such, etc.), shotguns for Neophytes. and more customisation options like extra arms (Neophyte holding a helmet), or backpack-mounted candles. There will also be a multi-melta which will become a BT vehicle option. It'll replace the stubber on Primaris vehicles.

A lot of these rumors are lot older than when this particular round up was posted but it adds details that were, afaik, otherwise unknown (to most anyway). For instance the flamer had been heard about before, but not that it was specifically 15" and AP-1. Or that the crusader squad in the box would be specifically 6 marines, 4 neophytes, with a caped upgrade for a single sword brother, and that these would be armed specifcally with auto bolters or cc. Very specific details that all turned out true. It was also (? big question mark here) the first to mention the multi melta for vehicles? which we've now seen.

Suffice to say, I think we can trust the rest of things said here.

There's no mention of any second crusader kit, so I'm thinking the launch box crusader squad will be the only one we're getting. But it does mention an upgrade kit, which has shotguns for neophytes, among other things. I'm fine with this because it should mean we can turn regular intercessors and assault intercessors into crusaders for more pose variety. But we will need more pose variety for neophytes. Make a primaris scout kit, pretty please, GW?

Perhaps most interestingly, it mentions that the upcoming Sword brother kit will have a ton of CC options (yay!) as well as the ability to make a marshal... ooh boy, BT marshal #2? Interest piqued.

Thanks for this Reinhard, I 100% thinking you’re correct now and the launch nox is the full kit, I’m also Happy to hear about the upgrade sprue & SB box having lots of options looks like “templarising” the standard boxes Will be a breeze

Would anyone kindly have an actual link to the rumour that dropped here first? Seeing as everything has come true I’d like to give it a good look over

Edited by BladeOfVengeance

Heck, Might even wanna give some (bare) stormcast heads a try, they're marginally smaller than marine heads? Even bare marine heads look weird on scout bodies as they're so large.

That said, the new scouts are probably a tad taller so that might be less of an issue.

gaah just need to get my hands on the models so I can start fiddling with options already

The Sequitor box has so great great bare heads in it, although I’m not sure if the neck fitting will be the same

I've resolved to be more like Sword Brother Lucerne. His positive, good humoured attitude in Godblight is much more engaging than the moody angry Templar stereotypes.
He plays a greater role in "gate of bones" too. Seems to become a important character in the future.

We have seen him now as both an unnumbered son of Dorn and a Sword Brother of the Black Templars, I hope we get more books to show the journey between the two.

Sword Brother? I didnt read godblight... but is he a BT there?

Or am I misreading?

Blast isn't THAT bad, I mean there is so much LOS blocking terrain, cover, and we have access to FnP rather easily (litanies, apothecary), plus, with blast, you still have to hit and wound, and it sounds like we will have 16 ablative wounds per full 20 man. 

sorry - but thats not the chase what makes big blobs bad. 

If you want that Marker then you have to leave cover. Its the "trading" problem. Normally (if you dont have -1dmg and FnP and Inv) you will be dead if your unit has done anything in the game ( go on a marker or even kill anything or go into the open field to screen an area).... 

Drukhari are good because they make X Damage for X points. For example 16 attacks S5 -3 AP hitting on 2s with 2 dmg and an option for "fight last (incubi). thats all for 80 points. Can we deal with them with that if there is enough LOS blocking terrain? Hell no.

yeah he's a really interesting character in the book that i'd love to see get more exploration!

yeah he's a really interesting character in the book that i'd love to see get more exploration!

do you have any details (in spoilers). I decided not to read this triology because I have so much more books i want to read but in the spoilers on reddit there is nothing about Lucerne. Can you tell me more?

if the points will increase then I dont see them. If they stay where they are then of course.

But I expect a point decrease for all intercessors to the same level to our Crusadersquad. 

We will see. But honestly I really REALLY cant imagine how Primaris crusadersquads are a competitve thing.

In general Space Marines need a point reduction for all troop choices. The only thing (which I dont expect) where I can see Primaris Crusadersquads being competitive is when they are so strong that we dont need hard hitting units when we can spam Troop choices. But even Dark Angels with Obsec Terminators which all have Transhuman can do this...

Edited by Medjugorje