Ork interest rekindled

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Liking these new ork models. A while ago I tired using AoS beastmen to convert into a counts as ork army (still want to) but it didn't go well with only beastmen and imperial bits.

Definitely going to get 500-750 points worth.

Also will allow me to actually build my marines' orky antagonist.

Thinking of making them a shooty mobile army.

Based on pirates/corsairs

I'll be kit bashing a raider/ravager either as a battlewagon or a truck or something.

What units aside from just boyz and nobz might be a good include?

Also I'll have a weirdboy and a Warboss for HQs.

The only real fluff aside from the theme I just posted is in a post I made a while back that's just the names of the boss and weirdboy.

But I like fluffy, and don't know :cuss about orks.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

Deff dreads are usually good to run alongside the boyz. Tankbustas are a solid, useful addition. People have been using kommandos and stormboyz in small units to pop in and score points for secondaries. Bunches of mek guns have been a successful meta list but it's usually a lot of mek guns.

That said with a new codex out in the immediate future it's probably smart to wait and see how it all turns out if you're just starting out.

Deff dreads are usually good to run alongside the boyz. Tankbustas are a solid, useful addition. People have been using kommandos and stormboyz in small units to pop in and score points for secondaries. Bunches of mek guns have been a successful meta list but it's usually a lot of mek guns.

That said with a new codex out in the immediate future it's probably smart to wait and see how it all turns out if you're just starting out.

theres typically a core of units that remain viable from codex to codex for many years.

I plan on bashing the new boss in mega armor with the orruk megaboss.

Might need to invest in some green stuff for the first time.

Trukk vs battlewagon.

I know imperial vehicles are pretty :cussty overall, unless they have a damage reduction mechanic, so are trukks with the ramshackle rule better over all than battlewagons?

Trucks are good for cheap ride to slingshot obsec boys around, or for getting nobs tankbustas places quick.

Bonebreaker with forktress or red rolla kustom job does work in the assault phase and can be loaded up with boys. Da boomer kustom job on a Gunwagaon can do work I've heard, but I prefer the zagzap on a gunwagon to vaporise some marines.

The Beast Snagga Box on its own seems like it will fit a Combat Patrol. So I'm guessing its likely around 50 PL and somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-750 points.

We have 1 HQ with Zodgrod

2 troops with 10 Beast Snaggas each.

1 Fast Attack with the Squighogs

To your question about trukks, they blow up pretty damn easy even with ramshackle, but they are also cheap. I typically play on smaller boards, so the extra movement they provide isn't as necessary with the current rules since I'm usually advancing each round with my boys anyways. With the possibilitiy of changes to advance and shooting for boyz in the new book that may change as well though.

Battlewagons are okay, but pricy. Really only going to run one as a Bonebreaka though. They other options aren't currently worth it in my opinion. In large games I've got three of them I run.

There's a leak that seems to indicate trukks will get an ork version of duty eternal, making it damage reduction 1 to a minimum of 1

But ya I'm thinking of just using the trukk with wrecking ball and big shoota

If the trukk stays 65-70pts it keeps it cheap but makes it fairly threatening.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I like using trukks and battlewagons as faux drop pods/breaching torpedoes. Drive a trukk full of boyz as fast as possible at the enemy and have them hit or explode out into combat. It was a bit more feasible in 5th/6th but it still works in my head canon lol

I like using trukks and battlewagons as faux drop pods/breaching torpedoes. Drive a trukk full of boyz as fast as possible at the enemy and have them hit or explode out into combat. It was a bit more feasible in 5th/6th but it still works in my head canon lol

I did a fair bit of that in 7th, also liked using trukks as rolling cover for blobs of boyz as well.

There's a leak that seems to indicate trukks will get an ork version of duty eternal, making it damage reduction 1 to a minimum of 1

But ya I'm thinking of just using the trukk with wrecking ball and big shoota

If the trukk stays 65-70pts it keeps it cheap but makes it fairly threatening.

Ramshackle is the rule and bar gorkanauts, morkanauts and stompas the rest have it.